SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World's Prettiest Aircraft
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World's Prettiest Aircraft Login/Join 
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The Boeing 307 Stratoliner

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
F3F Tigercat, A4Skyhawk

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always liked the RA-5C Vigi and the Lockheed Super Connie among many others. P-51, P-38, F-14, B-47, and a special mention of the B-17G.

A night launch of an F-14 off cat 1 in full burner was a thing of beauty.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NavyAgShooter,

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Bugatti 100P. So sexy, especially for the 1930s.

Horten Ho 229. So advanced, it still looks pretty contemporary.

Ford Tri-Motor. Probably not on many lists for "prettiest", but there is something so satisfying about the lines and the exposed radials.

Edit: going to resize the one pic.

Posts: 5784 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
SR-71

I wouldn't call the SR-71A, the one in the middle, pretty. I would say it's the most attractive though. That's an A-12 on the left and a YF-12A on the right, correct?

Posts: 11662 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Don't forget the Northrop T-38 Talon:

T-38 by GaryBF, on Flickr

one of these days I will buy one

I've always wanted either a T38 or the F5E variant, coke-bottle tip tanks and a centerline tank.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53805 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Lots of good choices out there, but these do it for me:

Military favorite (loved the movie "Strategic Air Command!!)...

Civilian favorite (no other civilian aircraft is sexier!!)...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Eventually these threads end up as a compilation of every plane made. Might as well throw in one of my favs, the F86 Sabre. It exudes dogfight vibes.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8273 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Another for the P51's.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Stardinghy? Nope, it's an experimental homebuilt Berkut

Posts: 1492 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Another for the P51's.

Gorgeous! I think the Doll is no more; it was the P-51 that was hit midair by a Douglas Skyraider.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Don't forget the Northrop T-38 Talon:

T-38 by GaryBF, on Flickr

one of these days I will buy one

I've always wanted either a T38 or the F5E variant, coke-bottle tip tanks and a centerline tank.

T-38's always been my choice for prettiest in the inventory. Very sexy plane!

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I have a thing for this one

Posts: 4059 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Eventually these threads end up as a compilation of every plane made. Might as well throw in one of my favs, the F86 Sabre. It exudes dogfight vibes.

When I was stationed in Japan in 1972-3, the JASDF (Japan Air Self Defense Force) was still flying Sabres. VERY pretty aircraft for sure.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15510 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Along the lines of the P-38, the P-61.

I like the looks of the earlier version better. Sleeker, as seen in the beginning of the video.

Training video P-61

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2043 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Douglas A-1 Skyraider

NA RA-5 Vigilante

Vought F-8 Crusader

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure exactly why, but ever since I was a little kid, I've loved the F4U Corsair.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
love the Corsair - the bent wing bird

first saw them on the old show Baa Baa Blacksheep

awesome airplane

got a chance to crawl over one that was being restored - it was much bigger in person than I originally thought - then again I was much smaller when I was younger Smile

if I wanted a rotary recip that would be it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53805 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What, no love for the A380? Wink

My vote is the 747F and SR-71.

P229

Posts: 3949 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post