SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 20th Anniversary on SIGforum!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 20th Anniversary on SIGforum! Login/Join 
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted
Today marks 20 years since I signed up on this forum. It's hard to believe it's been that long, but looking in the mirror I can tell it's true. Eek

When I first signed up all those years ago I was stationed at Ramstein Air Base, Kaiserslautern, Germany, and I had just started getting into Sig Sauer pistols, thanks to the Kaiserslautern Rod & Gun Club and a favorable exchange rate at the time. My first was my 239/9 Two-Tone, then came a Two-Tone 229/.40, then a 220/.45, and then a 232SL/.380 (Two-Tone). After I rotated back to the States my "Sigaddiction" continued, and although I have many other brands in the stable, my Sigs are still my favorites.

I have truly enjoyed the "virtual company" of all of you, and I have learned so very much from all of you throughout the last 20 years. I have fewer than 1,000 posts in 20 years, so obviously I'm receiving more than I'm apparently giving. I am constantly in awe of the vast wealth of knowledge on this forum and simply don't have the experience that most of you have, and therefore, I don't comment much. I'm trying to contribute more...

Another wonderful aspect of this forum that never ceases to amaze me is the generosity of the members here; whether giving away large or small items, or more importantly -- words of kindness and encouragement -- the good folks on this forum make it feel more like a very large family than simply a collection of strangers with a common interest. This is what makes SIGforum so special!

I also have to say that this is the only forum I look at (almost) every day; the other gun fora that I'm a member of I only check out once a week or in some cases, even less often.

So, I just wanted to thank all of you for your contributions to this forum, and especially to Parabellum for providing this platform for all of us to come together and exchange ideas. Again, thank you for the last 20 years, and I'm looking forward to whatever the next 20 years brings!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1732 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS. Great milestone. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2896 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Congratulations SigFan!!

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Congrats & thank you for serving this great country.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Happy belated Anniversary!

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7274 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! A worthy milestone.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1732 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Congrats old timer! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a worthy achievement.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Twenty years of ANYTHING is quite an accomplishment.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 3477 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the milestone!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10987 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Congrats and thank you for your service!

I agree this is a great place.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6467 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sigfan. There are very few forums that I hang around in for a long time, but this one seems to attract and retain people who don't do stupid forum things that irritate others. And the forum management is good about keeping things respectable here.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
congratulations SigFan; here's to another 20 !!!!

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. That's longer than most of my relationships.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post