SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First grandchild on the way..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First grandchild on the way.. Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Wife and I are rather excited. Would have been pleased with either a boy or a girl but grandpa here is happy with a boy. He's not due until April but I wasn't going to let his first Christmas go by without a little something.
I ordered this up for him.

A tactical baby diaper bag!! Wait until my daughter opens the box she will know exactly where it came from! Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8534 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Very cool!
Congrats!

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! We were blessed with our first grandchild in October 2016. They are FUN!!!

And I had to chuckle...good on you for selecting the tactical diaper bag. I bought my son a Maxpedition Versa-pak for his "daddy bag".

He loves it! Your son-in-law will, too!!!

Congrats again.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Our first grandchild, a girl, will be arriving about then. We haven't decided on a Christmas gift.
Where did you order your bag?

Posts: 18074 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Congratulations! Our first grandchild, a girl, will be arriving about then. We haven't decided on a Christmas gift.
Where did you order your bag?

Congratulations to you as well!!
I got the diaper bag here Tactical Baby Gear they got some other tactical baby stuff too. Fun place to shop!

Posts: 8534 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Congrats on growing the family!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7072 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Children are a blessing, grand children even more and great grand children are even more special.

Congrats to the OP and a very Merry Christmas to one and all.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

For the last 6 months, I have doing the grandpa thing.
It's so wonderful.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31426 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Awesome news and cool present!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Its the best nickname I've ever had. Also the best job I've ever had.

So a few years ago we had the youngest with us. I had to go and get some blood drawn. We were sitting in the waiting room when the nurse opened the door and said "Richard?" I got up to go with her and he yelled "dat not richart, He's Gwradpa". Of course he was right and everyone broke up laughing.

Don't take it lightly, its a tough job. No matter what else happens, your job is to be on the side of the little one. You've got to have his back no matter what. Mommy or Daddy can be parents or mean, but your job is to always be a dependable buddy. Don't worry, he (or she) will appreciate it. And they'll have your back when needed.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Its the best nickname I've ever had. Also the best job I've ever had.

So a few years ago we had the youngest with us. I had to go and get some blood drawn. We were sitting in the waiting room when the nurse opened the door and said "Richard?" I got up to go with her and he yelled "dat not richart, He's Gwradpa". Of course he was right and everyone broke up laughing.

Don't take it lightly, its a tough job. No matter what else happens, your job is to be on the side of the little one. You've got to have his back no matter what. Mommy or Daddy can be parents or mean, but your job is to always be a dependable buddy. Don't worry, he (or she) will appreciate it. And they'll have your back when needed.

Sound advice. Thank you! Now I got to find him a mini smoker! Smile

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
OK, here's another thing I did. A while back I went to Lazyboy. Ordered myself a deluxe recliner, the kind really lazy folks buy. It has an electronic recline function. Its smooth and doesn't have clunks or stops. You can recline or not to any position. The key is that manual ones clunk and do as they want.

Fair enough, but I went all the way. I bought a fat mans chair. Didn't need it for me, but I wanted room for a friend.

So when my grand kids came to visit, I sit in my chair. And the baby lies with me. Except I have my wife or DIL place the baby facing me. Then I can watch the entire sleep or wake up process. Worse, or better, as they get a little older they know who the old guy is looking at them and get comfortable with it.

Lots of other advantages. Its how I taught the youngest to count. Kind of held each toesie as I counted 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. He knew his numbers before he could walk. Lots of fun times for us.

He's 5 now, and we're still best buddies.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gone through the wonderful emotions you're having. It made me feel old at first but then it turned out great...

YOU.ARE.GOING.TO.LOVE.THIS.CONGRATS

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!!!!!

But wait until you make that announcement about your first GREAT GRANDCHILD!

BTDT. Big Grin

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I see giddy behavior and much baby talk in your future. Smile
Congratulations having the smartest grand baby you ever saw. Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post