SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can someone explain how mask wearing works?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Can someone explain how mask wearing works? Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
I was told from the beginning that you should wear a mask to protect other from you. That was how they explained it when we first started getting shots. I figured good, now that I'm immunized, I don't need a mask because I don't have Covid/Wuhan flu. Now they're say we need to wear masks again.. So who is being protected?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
They're saying the immunization only protects you from the fatal aspects of the flu. You can still get sick from it even after being immunized. So you're supposed to keep on keepin' on with the masks in order to not get sick.

How this differs from getting sick half a dozen other ways, including from the "normal" flu, is beyond me.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
If the vaccines work, then why the mask?
If the masks work, then why the vaccine.?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post