SIGforum
Can someone explain how mask wearing works?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7690036384

July 23, 2021, 07:41 PM
rburg
Can someone explain how mask wearing works?
I was told from the beginning that you should wear a mask to protect other from you. That was how they explained it when we first started getting shots. I figured good, now that I'm immunized, I don't need a mask because I don't have Covid/Wuhan flu. Now they're say we need to wear masks again.. So who is being protected?

Unhappy ammo seeker
July 23, 2021, 07:48 PM
Orguss
They're saying the immunization only protects you from the fatal aspects of the flu. You can still get sick from it even after being immunized. So you're supposed to keep on keepin' on with the masks in order to not get sick.

How this differs from getting sick half a dozen other ways, including from the "normal" flu, is beyond me.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
July 23, 2021, 07:52 PM
MikeinNC
If the vaccines work, then why the mask?
If the masks work, then why the vaccine.?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
July 23, 2021, 07:55 PM
feersum dreadnaught

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"