SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    $90 Million "Batgirl" Movie Cancelled Even Before Release
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$90 Million "Batgirl" Movie Cancelled Even Before Release Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Meh...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
$90 Million and this is the best you can come up with for the costume???

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yes it was. There’s a reason why the “MeToo” CEO was fired the day after the WB/Discovery merger. J.K. Simmons was playing Commissioner Gordon and that’s suppose to be his daughter Barbara Gordon.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Yes it was. There’s a reason why the “MeToo” CEO was fired the day after the WB/Discovery merger. J.K. Simmons was playing Commissioner Gordon and that’s suppose to be his daughter Barbara Gordon.

You know white people can have black children, right?

This movie must have been one hell of a stinker.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Let’s see… Comic book adaptation into movie… Yet main character who is female is totally nonsexy. Androgynous AF

Who was it that once famously said, “Know your audience”?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
...there is one and only one Batgirl, Yvonne Craig.

Be still, my heart.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
My instant favorite!!!! Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Two dominant alleles create a dominant trait, as is the case with black Labs. If a dominant and recessive allele are paired, the dominant trait can override the recessive trait or result in a "mixed" trait that becomes its own phenotype, such as the chocolate Labrador Retriever.

Sometimes, When two recessive alleles are paired, they get superpowers of their own, as with yellow Labradors.

In Labradors, the B and E genes result in black, yellow, and chocolate Labradors. For example, BB becomes a black Lab. A Bb dog is also a black Lab but it carries the chocolate gene, which can be passed on to its offspring. Brown Labs have a bb genotype. Yellow Labs are characterized by a recessive epistatic gene, ee.

But every Labrador Retriever has both sets of genes which can come in any combination of capital and lowercase letters--dominant or recessive alleles. Regardless of the combination of B genes, anytime the ee genotype is present, it masks the B coloration. For example, an EEBb dog would have a black coat (i.e. a black dog), but an eeBb dog would have a yellow coat.

Let's take a look at the possible genotypes and their subsequent phenotypes.

Notice that black Labradors are dominant, therefore having the most possibilities. Both yellow Labs and chocolate Labs are recessive, but because a yellow Lab's ee genes mask both the black and chocolate coloration, yellow Labs are more common than chocolate Labs

In fact, due to their rarity, it wasn't until the 20th century that the chocolate Labrador was recognized as an official breed.

Based on this combination of alleles, can you determine what color coat a Labrador puppy could have if its dad was EEBb and its mom Eebb?

Here are the possible genetic variations in the offspring.
So can a black Lab and dark chocolate Lab have a yellow Lab? The answer is yes! A litter of Labradors can vary in coloration and have a different coat color than the parents. Here's a breakdown of the possible pigment combinations when two Labradors breed:

Black + Black = Black, Chocolate or Yellow
Black + Yellow = Black, Chocolate or Yellow
Black + Chocolate = Black, Chocolate or Yellow
Chocolate + Chocolate = Chocolate or Yellow
Chocolate + Yellow = Black, Chocolate or Yellow
Yellow + Yellow = Yellow
Since chocolate Labs will not carry the black gene, they cannot produce black puppies. Because yellow Labs override black and brown colors, two of them will create only a yellow litter with yellow puppies.

Genetics is (are) fascinating, ain't it (they)? Smile

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Cool dog pics, but those are the weirdest dog names I've ever seen.

Seriously, who would name their dog "EeBb"? Or one of the other nearly identical names?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
This thread was going nowhere up until the Labradors showed up...good job!

And dammit, I learned something. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Cool dog pics, but those are the weirdest dog names I've ever seen.

Seriously, who would name their dog "EeBb"? Or one of the other nearly identical names?

We have an entire thread about those folks here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/5540097394

Posts: 987 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Batgirl is going to recoup the $90M investment by the upcoming release in Afghanistan, Egypt, Indonesia, Libya, Pakistan, the Persian Gulf nations, Somalia, Syria, and Yemen.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
...there is one and only one Batgirl, Yvonne Craig.

Be still, my heart.

Yep, Yvonne Craig. Nothing else to say.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Yvonne Craig in green.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of want to see the movie now. Sort of like the Sharknado movies.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:

You know Barbara Gordon was never a latina, right?

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leave it to you, only you. Roll Eyes

Yes, that's what's going on here- the producers of the film are familiar with this fact, and they know that the entire audience is familiar with it as well, and that's why they cast this chick right? Good grief.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
This thread was going nowhere up until the Labradors showed up...

Yeah, went to the dogs, man. Bummer.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://babylonbee.com/news/ba...vt_42HxfI0&fs=e&s=cl

The Bee does it again!

“Movie cancelled after $70 million in batmobiles destroyed backing out of batcave.” HA!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It won't be long before that gets "fact-checked". Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post