SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    $90 Million "Batgirl" Movie Cancelled Even Before Release
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$90 Million "Batgirl" Movie Cancelled Even Before Release Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
WOW Eek

How absolutely BAD did this movie have to be with test audiences that they won't even release it direct to video?

Hopefully this marks the beginning of the end of the whole superhero movie craze, it's completely out of control and I'm sick of it all. I've made it pretty clear here that I think 90% of them are total shit anyway.

From the UK Daily Mail:

Apparently the film was just so in-your-face woke along with a poor storyline and lousy characters that test audiences said "NOPE!" and now they've axed the entire 90 million dollar movie.

Holy Wokery Batgirl! TOM LEONARD investigates why Warner Bros' $90million new superhero movie has been deemed so awful it will never be released

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Get woke, GO BROKE!!!!

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Get woke, GO BROKE!!!!

Something that the Left/Woke crowd doesn't seem to understand even after it's happened to them over and over and over again. Totally clueless or just stupid. Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Smart move…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

While I'm good with whatever art house/indy flicks pumping out whatever propaganda they want, these big studios exist because the make ENTERTAINMENT. Getting preached at and trying to legitimize abhorrent and anti-social behavior doesn't constitute ENTERTAINMENT so, get back to doing what you're supposed to do and stop listening to the ideologues in the company.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
belongs in the "Lair" section Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
belongs in the "Lair" section Wink

Well, I did consider that but figured it was news about the movie being canceled not about the movie itself.

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
So now I wonder how the investors are going to feel about this?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Get woke, GO BROKE!!!!
Catchy phrase, but erroneous due to how much is tied to run of the mill business finance and stock valuation. In other words, a corporation's 10k and 10q filings look great (e.g. Coke getting busted on their woke training), but to keep the corporation running and growing they're being compelled to go woke. The behind the scenes drivers are the big investment and finance houses like Blackrock. They're using all of their leverage to change it to: Keep your corporation running --> get woke.

Need money for an ordinary business expense (e.g. studio making a movie), their social index bullshit matters on their ability to get financing.

The corporation's board needs to keep their stock price high, but Wall Street considers a company's bullshit social index in grading how well they are managed. Few pension funds, mutual funds, ETFs, etc will touch a stock with a poor social index.

Consumers aren't buying it so they're bombarding education, social media, and TV with it in attempts to normalize it and eliminate the "go broke" aftermath.

I like that Netflix is pushing back. Maybe Warner Bros will join them.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23100 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:

Supposedly being dumped as a tax write off. The bigger question is what are they going to do about “The Flash” after they’ve spent $300 million and based the franchise on sex predator/child groomer/woman choker Ezra Miller (who’s also on the run from the police).

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Should've called it "Batxe". Then it would get rave reviews.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The only reason why it's disappointing is because Michael Keaton is playing Batman in this movie.

The Batwoman show is god-awful. It's a total shock to me that it's in its third season. But it seems like networks, in an amazing turn-around from decades past, won't cancel shows.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Batwhamen was cancelled because it was costing The CW too much and was stifling potential buyers of the network.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:

I think the shareholders are likely okay with all this. Remember, Warner Brothers was in financial trouble and Discovery bought them out. David Zaslav is the new CEO, and he's been "trimming the fat."

Note that Batgirl is merely the latest victim of "Axe of Zaslav." Previously he canceled a whole mess of unprofitable CW shows, a bunch of second rate projects. He also previously famously cut CNN+.

I'd say, though, The Flash is problematic because it likely cost too much already to just cut it off and take the tax write off.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
fun fact: I was part of the test audience for Die Hard. From when I saw it, they actually changed the ending slightly. There were also 2 scenes which were hand drawn "this is what the scene will look like once we finish it"

In any case, the questions were generally geared for slight changes to the movie, not to cancel the whole thing. So this must have been really bad.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Geez, how awful is this movie anyway? Must be a Jurassic Park size pile.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just as well; for me there is one and only one Batgirl, Yvonne Craig. Anyone else is an imposter. Smile

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

fun fact: I was part of the test audience for Die Hard. From when I saw it, they actually changed the ending slightly.

I remember reading about that on IMDB or somewhere, the reason was they based the original ending off the book but test audiences didn't like it so they changed it.

come and take it
posted Hide Post
Hard to imagine how terrible it must be that they can't fix a $100m movie. They would have bent over backwards to fix it if they could have. Was the entire script was terrible? Seems like they would have caught that. I wonder if the lead actress was awful and they couldn't fix it as she was in every scene.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Some background: