SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig Forum Snow Land-How many members are in the snow belt today?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Forum Snow Land-How many members are in the snow belt today? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
Granted, it might look different close up, but from the photo that appears to be an odd breakage pattern.

Okay I agree it looks odd. But what are you saying the implications are?

Again no tracks, human or animal outside. All the broken glass fell inside the garage. No projectile found so no clue as to cause.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Granted, it might look different close up, but from the photo that appears to be an odd breakage pattern.

Again no tracks, human or animal outside. All the broken glass fell inside the garage. No projectile found so no clue as to cause.

In your photo it looks like the white trim is pushed up just below the biggest section of missing glass. Is it possible that water had seeped in and, upon freezing, expanded enough to cause glass to break? Just a thought.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:

In your photo it looks like the white trim is pushed up just below the biggest section of missing glass. Is it possible that water had seeped in and, upon freezing, expanded enough to cause glass to break? Just a thought.

Nope, that was snow giving the illusion of warping.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Highs in the 80’s -90’s. No precipitation in the forecast. Haven’t seen any in ages.

I feel truly blessed that I don’t have Satan’s white fluff all over like you poor souls. I feel for all of you that have to put up with the hate powder for the next few months.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Up here in northern Minnesota, we are experiencing colder than normal temps. Cold, snow flurries, and windy. October is usually pretty nice, but we are sliding into winter really fast.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Looking out the front window this afternoon...

Good thing I put the snowblower on the lawn tractor last weekend.

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Got my gear ready last weekend:

Today:

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Not even close here. Had our first hard frost last Friday night. I am taking this Friday off from work to bow hunt and it's supposed to be 70. Confused

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8528 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
4-6 inches low and a foot predicted in the mountains for Wednesday. #2 so far.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Sitting here in the 5” zone. Not too far from the 9” zone.

It’s too soon for this crap.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
944 snow flakes , total in far west illinois

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54659 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

[IMG SNIPPED /IMG]

These areas circled in red, are they also new? We see damage in vinyl siding like this often from snow blowers or kids with airsoft/bb guns in the cold. Given the glass breakage and the pattern...my untrained eye could see a three round burst from a snow blower or airsoft/bb-gun....just another thought.

Otherwise...we see glass breakage in house settling, but unless you've had an earthquake lately or something else changed, that doesn't make sense for a house that's obviously been there a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Betting Snowball, that's why there's no rocks, boolits, tire arns or bird carcassesses....

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
quote:

Betting Snowball, that's why there's no rocks, boolits, tire arns or bird carcassesses....

Nope. Glass repair was made today and the techs said hail damage big time. Keep in mind that I don't venture outside often due mobility and health issues. My neighbor spotted the broken window which I now know had been broken for longer than I care to admit sadly. The tech looked around and said my siding was heavily dimpled and had quite a few holes from hail damage and several of the window casings also reflected damage. We had a big hail storm not all that long ago. So I've called my insurance company again....

USN (RET), COTEP #192