SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well, here's hoping. ** New job**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, here's hoping. ** New job** Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

The interview this morning went really well. I got a phone call about an hour ago with an offer. It's down to background check, drug screen and paperwork. They're mailing me an offer packet and we'll go from there.

I need to give my two week's notice at my current job, which they may end just saying "it's cool, take home anything you have here and good luck," which may be best.

The commute may very well suck, and I'll probably need to buy an eco-shitbox commuter. Spend a couple grand on something like a '94 Corolla to save many grands feeding my RAM. I also won't be making as much money to start. However, I'll be working in an industry I actually have an interest in, there's far more opportunity for advancement, and I'm at a much lower risk of hurting myself (got a hernia at my current job in February and had it repaired April 22nd and it still doesn't feel right).

So here I go. Smile

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Good news. Best of luck to you on this new journey!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Thanks, guys.
...I'll be working in an industry I actually have an interest in, there's far more opportunity for advancement,

So here I go. Smile

Awesome!

Wishing you the best!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Great news! Congratulations!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new job!

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Suggest making a run of receivers with the old roll mark.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Congrats! Suggest making a run of receivers with the old roll mark.

That won't be my department. I will get a close-up look at pretty much all the product, though, so if that does happen, I can let you know.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Well congrats Ed! I wish you well. As an aside about your hernia. After my first one, even for a year or so later I had a feeling that the mesh they used for the repair was coming apart. It felt like a sharp pulling or quick pain once in awhile. It did eventually go away over a few years. But it was an odd sensation, and compared to the repair on the other side with virtually no after effects I often wonder about the repair.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Two Thumbs Up for you and your future. Looking good!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
With so much bad news out there, it's great to have someone who is bringing in news like this! Proud for you.

Congrats on the new gig, I really hope it turns out even better than you're hoping for. Please keep us posted.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new job. Like was said above, it is nice to hear some good news. Have fun at the new job, and look forward to your promotions I am sure you will be getting soon.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new position! I wish you the best.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys! Signed the offer letter yesterday, and Monday I go for my drug screen. Tried to give my notice at my current job yesterday, but my boss was out of town on business. I guess that will also happen Monday. I'm kind of dreading it, because I really like my employers, but the lack of stuff to do and the hostile work atmosphere are things I'm not willing to deal with. I guess it can be put as simply as that.

I'll check in further down the line and let ya'll know how it's going. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
As an aside about your hernia. After my first one, even for a year or so later I had a feeling that the mesh they used for the repair was coming apart. It felt like a sharp pulling or quick pain once in awhile. It did eventually go away over a few years. But it was an odd sensation, and compared to the repair on the other side with virtually no after effects I often wonder about the repair.

That's somewhat disconcerting to hear. My neighbor a few doors down said pretty much the same thing - he felt it for years and then eventually, not at all. He had his other side done before they started using the mesh and it was a quick and permanent heal. Ugh. Well, I can't do anything about it, so I'll just have to live with it.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Ed, more or less it was explained to me that after my second hernia that it may be a genetic thing having weaker tissue in those areas. Don't think I'll ever really know for sure but I was told by the doctors that those repairs once healed would be stronger and that I could resume my weight lifting regimen without a lot of concern about the repairs. Thank God for good doctors and medical science. I think that unless you have some increasing discomfort that doesn't go away or diminish over time, maybe have a doc check it. Otherwise, I'd say you'll do well. And good luck on your new position!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post