SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Moving to Nashville advice requested. *12/6 update - Spring Hill won out.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving to Nashville advice requested. *12/6 update - Spring Hill won out. Login/Join 
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Just say no to Antioch....

Seconded

Also email me if you want me to send you a realtor that we used a couple times and she/they were wonderful.

Third

I would steer clear of Murfreesboro and Rutherford co.
We will be leaving that area soon.

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1090 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Franklin/Cool Springs or out on the west side, Belle Meade or Green Hills if he wants to be a little closer in. Brentwood has pretty good schools, I believe. It's halfway in between Nashville and Franklin.

This!

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Great gun stores at the Barrett factory just south of Murfreesboro called Outpost Armory and then Franklins Gun Shop south of Brentwood. There are others but those two pretty much cover most items I would want.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Franklin Gun Shop has a great selection but waaaaayyyyy too expensive. Guns and Leather in Greenbriar isn't as big but that's where I go.

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outpost is moving closer to Murfreesboro soon, still just off the interstate. It's going to have a nice indoor range wither some 100 yard lanes.

The Franklin/Brentwood area is very nice with good schools too. Murfreesboro and surrounding is growing very fast. Check out the Wilson and Sumner county area to the east. While the Belle Meade and Green Hills areas are nice, living there subjects you to all of Davidson county's liberalism.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Daughter and her family live East of Nashville in Lebanon, Son and his brood live near Franklin. We live in Indiana about 3 hours away.
I think they will love TN!

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for the tips. Much appreciated.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Can't give you any tips you haven't already heard. My daughter and son in law just moved there a few months ago. They're about an hour outside of Nashville in non rush hour times. During rush hour it can be and hour and half or two and as others have said it's a roll of the dice.

As far as the area in general goes I visited a few weeks ago and loved it. It's beautiful and the folks are friendly. When we can, my wife and I will probably be moving in that direction. I live in north western Virginia and middle Tenn reminds me of what this place was like 40 years ago before we became a suburb of DC/NoVa.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Guns and Leather in Greenbriar isn't as big but that's where I go.

My all time favorite gun store. Great folks, nice selection.

Kings in Columbia is great too.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Franklin Gun Shop has a great selection but waaaaayyyyy too expensive. Guns and Leather in Greenbriar isn't as big but that's where I go.

Yeah Franklin Guns has lost their minds on prices. I guess they feel the big money folk in Brentwood dont mind the prices, but I was stunned the first time I went in there.

Glock Store is opening in Nashville soon, somewhere over by Nashville airport.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I drive by Franklin Gun Shop every day, and keep on going....... Expect to pay 10-15% more for their goods. The sign says over 9000 guns in stock. ANY of the other stores work for me in the Nashville area, not Franklin. The Brothers that run the store are .......interesting Eek

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all, especially AW_239 and cslinger for their tips on Spring Hill. They signed the papers today and their new house will be completed in April. Looks like it’s going be very nice and they’re really happy.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Awesome it’s a nice area.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Awesome it’s a nice area.

So where do we shoot?

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Inside or outside?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
Inside or outside?

I think I’m going to like this move.

How about outside for starters?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Owl hollow is in your backyard.

Stones river hunter education center is about a half hour/45 min drive and is an extremely nice outdoor range.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

Yeah Franklin Guns has lost their minds on prices. I guess they feel the big money folk in Brentwood dont mind the prices, but I was stunned the first time I went in there.

Glock Store is opening in Nashville soon, somewhere over by Nashville airport.

If you ever make it over to Knoxville, Bradford Jewelry and Pawn used to sell Sigs for $25 over cost. That was years ago, but worth checking if in the area.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Yes, Owl Hollow, aka Charlie Haffner Memorial range is a pretty decent place to shoot.

Not a big fan of stones river. Nice place but too regimented for me. Safe though, both the location and while at the range itself

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Spring Hill and Franklin are both nice. I think a couple of Predators players live in or near Spring Hill, and a retired NHL referee and his wife live in Franklin (where her family lives). They like it, it’s easy to get into Nashville but far enough out where you can stay out of the daily big-city hassle.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post