SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dog leash/lead, what do you use? How much is too expensive?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dog leash/lead, what do you use? How much is too expensive? Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
We do not sell flexi leads at our pet store. They teach the dog that they are in control.

Posts: 12924 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Check your local leash laws as well, some of them specify a maximum leash length. Many places people take dogs (parks, national parks, greenways, etc...) also have a maximum leash length specified. I see 6 feet pretty often. That's what I use, it's short enough that you're always in control and long enough the dog can easily use the bathroom.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3516 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is what last I bought from amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...n_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Cost $25 and will last 3 or for years before the rope begins to fray and I just replace it.

I like the Carabiner the reflective part for walking at night.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Big fan of Michael Ellis (trainer) here.

Since he does so much work at Leerburg (WI) - I tend to buy a lot of products directly from them (I.e. happy howies). Leerburg.com

I wouldn’t have any problem buying anything from Michael Ellis directly either.

I just ordered nylon covered and locked pinch collars from Leerburg and then went somewhere else for the flat collars since their selection sucked right now. (If you’re using linked collars, you must have a secondary back up collar (on lead too) in case the first one fails.)

Some people like Mike Ritland’s stuff, but it’s over built IMO … Seriously - unless you have a dog that’s just gonna maul everything, but then that dog isn’t really being very well-managed.

If it’s the right tool and does the job as well as you expect then it’s never too expensive. I invest in quality when it comes to my dogs. Too much love and investment in them; Every day.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post