SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Russian President Vladimir Putin speculated to resign due to health concerns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russian President Vladimir Putin speculated to resign due to health concerns Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
Yet one more wrinkle that will play out on the international stage, and add a further complication should there be a change in the U.S. presidency.

=================

Vladimir Putin, 68, ‘set to resign as Russian president early next year amid fears he has Parkinson’s’

Nick Parker
Nov 5 2020, 18:15 ETUpdated: Nov 5 2020, 18:36 ET

VLADIMIR Putin is planning to quit early next year amid growing fears for his health, Moscow sources claimed last night.

Kremlin watchers said recent tell-tale footage showed the 68-year-old strongman has possible symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.

And informed analysts claimed that the Russian president’s glamorous ex-gymnast lover Alina Kabaeva, 37, is begging him to release his grip on power.

Observers who studied recent footage of Putin noted his legs appeared to be in constant motion and he looked to be in pain while clutching the armrest of a chair.

His fingers are also seen to be twitching as he held a pen and gripped a cup believed to contain a cocktail of painkillers.

Speculation that his 20-year-reign - second only to that of Stalin - could be nearing an end grew earlier this week when laws were drafted to make him a senator-for-life when he resigns.

Legislation introduced by Putin himself was being rushed through parliament to guarantee him legal immunity from prosecution and state perks until he dies.

Moscow political scientist Professor Valery Solovei fuelled further speculation last night by suggesting Putin may have symptoms of Parkinson’s.

The academic said he also understood Putin’s undisclosed partner Alina was pressuring him to quit - along with his daughters Maria Vorontsova , 35, Katerina Tikhonova, 34.

Solovei said: "There is a family, it has a great influence on him. He intends to make public his handover plans in January”.

The professor predicted that Putin would soon appoint a new prime minister who would be groomed to become his eventual successor.

The president’s staff have repeatedly played down rumours that he is paving the way for a political exit.

And Putin himself has regularly released pictures of him looking fit and toned in Action Man poses hunting, shooting, horse riding and playing ice hockey.

His spokesman Dmitry Peskov said of the senator-for-life move: : "This is the practice that is being applied in many countries of the world, and it is quite justified.

“This is not innovation from the point of view of international practice.”

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, so senators-for-life are immune from arrest and civil suits? Perhaps even tax audits? That's one way to retire without getting devoured by the shark tank.

I wonder if he's actually got Parkinson's or something or if some of the sharks are starting to bump him to see if he's edible.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Hillary or Obama is the favorite to take his spot?

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Couldn't happan to a nicer guy.

Don't die too quickly and painlessly now...

Posts: 5150 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USA collusion

Who can help Trump now ?

Posts: 1407 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
So he's unwell?

Nothing trivial, I trust?

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
I wonder if Hillary or Obama is the favorite to take his spot?

Weather in Moscow is too cold for Hillary and the Politburo would eat up Zippy.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
With what is about to happen in this country I'll take Putin. It's not much difference.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must've taken one too many hockey pucks to the head...

-MG

Posts: 2004 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Anybody monitoring Hilary's travel records?

Posts: 6499 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
He needs a shot of novichok.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that he wants to get out and enjoy his truly VAST ill gotten wealth rather than have to run a country while doing it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
May the Novichok be with him.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I'm guessing that he wants to get out and enjoy his truly VAST ill gotten wealth rather than have to run a country while doing it.

Supposedly he has around $70 billion and there are some "reports" has has more money than Bezos. He makes tin-pots in Africa and elsewhere look like school boys.

Posts: 4079 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Good F him!

Posts: 3505 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Putin ain't going anywhere. He will die in office.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I’m not saying he’s not a monster, but he has turned Russia around.

Russia has never been free, in its history. It won’t be, until it’s not full of a slave culture.

Just like we are losing our freedoms, because we’re letting people who think like serfs immigrate, without becoming Americans.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

His spokesman Dmitry Peskov said of the senator-for-life move: : "This is the practice that is being applied in many countries of the world, and it is quite justified.

“This is not innovation from the point of view of international practice.”

What countries? Top. Countries.

Posts: 2488 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Any possibility that he was being poisoned? That would never happen in Russia would it? *s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post