SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally own a Corvette
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally own a Corvette Login/Join 
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. Drive it.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both of those reactions are hilarious

Indeed Big Grin

quote:
Targa top(s) I assume?

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
Adding my congratulations to the OP on the Corvette. As a fellow Corvette owner, please let me suggest:
1. Join a Corvette club
2. Autocross that thing!
3. Enter a TSD Rallye
4. Go to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 502 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Bob:
A Corvette in Minnesota....that's a 3 month car. LOL

Owned Corvettes for 30 years - congratulations, you will love it. Buy a battery tender.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

As long as where you live has decent snow removal and you don't have to worry about drifts it will do better than most with some decent tires. There's a guy on YT who drives his all year since it's his only car. With the engine over the drive wheels it does great.

quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Yes, because the Corvette has absolutely no aftermarket support with multiple manufacturers building replacement parts for a car that no one likes... Roll Eyes

I agree. An enthusiast ICE car will have a much better chance of having parts availability than an A-B car. He will have a plentiful supply of parts for as long as he is on earth no doubt about it.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wowza!!!! Superb head turner.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! You are going to love it. None of mine have disappointed.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2895 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Cool car!

It was a love/hate relationship with my modified 2003 Z06 I sold years ago. Loved driving it, hated fixing and maintaining it.

quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
In 11 years that car will be a candidate for the scrap yard. Because GM won't be at all interested in keeping spare parts for it available past the mandated 10 years and some unfindable electronic bit of hardware critical to function will go toes up. The only Corvettes that I would ever consider purchasing is those with breaker points and carburetors.

It's great to get a laugh every day, keeps me healthy.

I'm surprised you even use the internet or a cell phone in case they stop getting support in a few years. Smoke signals and carrier pigeons must be reliable. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a beauty, friend just took me for a drive in his 2023 Vette and it was an amazing machine.

I might wait 11 years to buy a used one, when they are giving them away because there are no parts. Roll Eyes

Posts: 426 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
WOW!

Posts: 18049 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
Good for YOU man ! drive that thing !!!

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Livin' the Dream! Congratulations. She's a beauty.

Posts: 283 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new C8.
Drive it like you stole it!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 118 | Location: RI | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
That's a gorgeous car OP. Congratulations! I have an Electron Blue Metallic C5. In a few years, I plan on purchasing a C8 in the beautiful Elkhart Lake Blue that you chose. Enjoy the drive. Wink

Posts: 534 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lets see. I owned a 1958, a 2007, and now a 2015. The comments about parts is right on. My 2015 sits at the Chevrolet dealer waiting on parts some of which GM has backordered and the others being sourced dealer wide. A simple thing like a fuel sender (cheep plastic pos) is a $4600 repair to get to it and replace it. Not a happy camper.

Awake not woke

Posts: 573 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I love a nice looking Corvette. Beautiful cars.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nosticks:
Lets see. I owned a 1958, a 2007, and now a 2015. The comments about parts is right on. My 2015 sits at the Chevrolet dealer waiting on parts some of which GM has backordered and the others being sourced dealer wide. A simple thing like a fuel sender (cheep plastic pos) is a $4600 repair to get to it and replace it. Not a happy camper.

Much of the parts shortage is still due to COVID which shut off all parts supply, chips etc. Have a buddy with a Ford Excursion, the trans went south, it's been sitting at the dealer for several months waiting on a replacement transmission, and, he said the dealer doesn't have a qualified tech on staff to install it, they will have to send it out when the transmission is received to a local transmission shop to swap.

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Well, congratulations! It's always good to fulfill a childhood dream. That was my friends and my dream car. Somehow, it stuck in my head that we came to believe the Corvette was the only car that increased in value. But price appreciation wasn't what made us want it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19708 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I wasn’t sold on the new Corvette until I saw one in person. That color is absolutely sexy.

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post