SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For the Motorcyclists here = Barber Motorsports - Rider Mag Podcast
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the Motorcyclists here = Barber Motorsports - Rider Mag Podcast Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
If you ride, rode, or like motorsports, Barber Motorsports Museum is one place you need to visit, it's an amazing place.

Link

Ep. 28: Brian Case, Director of the Barber Advanced Design Center

Our guest on Episode 28 of the Rider Magazine Insider Podcast is Brian Case. Brian is an industrial designer and the former Chief Designer for Confederate Motorcycles. From 2008 to 2018, he was Co-Founder and Design Director for Motus Motorcycles, where he led the design and development of the MST V-4 sport-tourer. Brian joined the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum in 2019, and last year he became the Director of the new Barber Advanced Design Center. He and his team are working with Pierre Terblanche on the Mono Project, a reimagining of Terblanche’s iconic, ’90s-era Ducati Supermono racebike using state-of-the-art techniques such as 3D printing.

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I spent 4 days at the Barber race track w/ my better half a few yrs ago. Probably some of the most fun I’ve ever had.

Didn’t make it to the motorcycle museum unfortunately. The guy that owns the land, the track and the museum apparently made a small fortune in real estate. I remember staying at some hotel not too far away with multiple golf courses that was gorgeous.

Excellent racetrack. Very nice facilities. Top notch!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
When your in the museum, look down to the area where they do work.
My understanding is that there is another floor below that one that you can't see (unless you know the right person) but has the really cool stuff.

Posts: 9538 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I haven’t been in a couple of years, but for about 10 years every Spring we’d get a group together and ride down there. It’s about 4 hours from here, so it was a lot of folks first “long” ride. Really cool place.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post