SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else get an email from "Cindy McCain"?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else get an email from "Cindy McCain"? Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I would reply and remind her how her dad was responsible for many, many deaths aboard the USS Forestall due to his ineptness.

Actually I believe that the Navy ruled the incident to be caused by an electrical malfunction and not McCain. It doesn't make him any less of an asshole though.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I got the email from her and deleted it unread just like every other unsolicited missive.

Posts: 6957 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
Screw Cindy McCain.....John was a turn coat and FU*K him. As far as Cindy, I'm not into FAT CHICKS! Especially liberal, progressive RINO chicks.

Are you unaware of the rule regarding such comments on physical appearance?

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
I would reply and remind her how her dad was responsible for many, many deaths aboard the USS Forestall due to his ineptness.

Actually I believe that the Navy ruled the incident to be caused by an electrical malfunction and not McCain. It doesn't make him any less of an asshole though.

Jim

If your daddy were an admiral and you consistently finished last in your class with some instructors wanting to drop you, what do you think the "official" finding would be. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:

McCain didn't start the fire on the Forestall. There's plenty of reasons not to like him without making up stories.

I believe, and willing to retract, your research may find he was in the plane which fired the Zuni rocket to started the whole thing.

The official report was an electrical fault yet the NATOPS never said anything about "squeeze the trigger button" anywhere. For the A-4, F-4, and F-14 I also believe expressly states "thou shalt not touch thy button whilst on thy deck. "

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
My research said he didn't do it.

Posts: 3390 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
You're right it appears. He was in an A-4 which was struck.

https://www.truthdig.com/artic...ains-tragedy-at-sea/

quote:
...The fire started at 10:51 a.m. Saturday, July 29, 1967, as 30-year-old Lt. Cmdr. John McCain sat on the port side of the Forrestal in his A-4 Skyhawk going through preflight checks. To his right was Lt. Cmdr. Fred White, also in an A-4 Skyhawk attack aircraft. A Zuni rocket on another airplane accidentally fired and flew across the flight deck, passing through White’s auxiliary fuel tank and falling into the ocean. Fuel spilled onto the deck from White’s craft and ignited.

Some of those who were on the Forrestal and other persons familiar with the ordnance told me that because the rocket did not hit McCain’s craft, only actions by the pilot could have caused any bomb to fall from McCain’s Skyhawk. These sources — who spoke under the condition that they not be publicly identified — agree with each other that, if any bomb fell from the McCain airplane, it was because of actions that he took either in error or panic upon seeing the fire on the deck or in his hasty exit from the plane. Two switches in the cockpit of a Skyhawk need to be thrown to drop such a bomb, according to the sources.

Whatever the circumstances of the fire’s origins, McCain did not stay on deck to help fight the blaze as the men around him did. With the firefighting crew virtually wiped out, men untrained in fighting fires had to pick up the fire hoses, rescue the wounded or frantically throw bombs and even planes over the ship’s side to prevent further tragedy. McCain left them behind and went down to the hangar-bay level, where he briefly helped crew members heave some bombs overboard. After that, he went to the pilot’s ready room and watched the fire on a television monitor hooked to a camera trained on the deck.

On a side note, my first squadron was aboard the Forestal. My bunk was right below (I looked at the patch when I laid down) the hole where you see the crew just dumping water in.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
McCain was a fuck-up his entire military career but was covered by having daddy as his admiral and grand daddy a retired admiral. Anyone who thinks he didn't skate multiple times because of this is delusional.

There is also plenty of anecdotal evidence that he collaborated with his captors whilst in Hanoi, and more than one person has suspected that that is why he put up the roadblocks to searching for and bringing home other POWs. The secret may well have been made public.

The above, as well as his involvement in the Keating affair, his abandoning his wife and kids for a "rich chick", his disgraceful record as a Senator, including the fucking over of every single American with his vote on hadjicare, easily allow me to state that he was nothing but a steaming pile of excrement his entire life. And now? He is what every steaming pile of excrement becomes...fertilizer. A fitting end for that piece of shit.

As for his wife and daughter who defend him and his record? Fuck 'em.

Posts: 20129 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
In the end, McCain was a loser. A miserable, vindictive loser. He didn't give a shit about his party, his country, nothing but himself.

A miserable fucking loser.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post