SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2020 Kentucky Superduty plant F350 dually 4wd flatbed question (Gas)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Kentucky Superduty plant F350 dually 4wd flatbed question (Gas) Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Stopped at my local Ford dealer and they had this rig on the lot. It is not a crew cab. Has the extended cab or whatever Ford calls it.

Has the 7.3 V-8 gas. 10 speed tranny. Dually, 4wd F350 with a new Rugby flatbed with ball for gooseneck and obviously a hitch for towing at the rear.

Price was $50k.

It is a work truck. So no fancy interior stuff.

I am wondering about the power plant/train.

No mileage numbers posted. I am guessing 12-14mpg hwy. 10 towing. Just a guess.

Could I get some thoughts from those of you who have some knowledge.

I have been looking for a presmog diesel but finding one that is under 125k at a reasonable cost is a unicorn.

I just cannot see buying a new diesel rig. The cost and headaches seem off the charts crazy so no go there.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Google Ford 7.3 Godzilla.

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I, too, am pretty much done with late model diesels. Too much upfront, too much for maintenance. And I don’t believe they are as reliable as back in the day due to all the electronics, even though the electronics are what allows the performance. My opinion.

That’s their new engine for 2020. I’m due a new truck in 2022. I’m hoping they have the bugs worked out by then.
Other than that, I can’t help much.

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have been retired for 14 years, but those big gas V-8's were horribly thirsty. It didn't matter if you were towing or not.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Should be fine. The new trucks have a three piece radio. If you want to swap to an aftermarket kit, it is kinda spendy. If you want to swap to a different factory radio, you'll have to swap the harness in the dash.

If yours does not have the heated seats, it is still equipped with a fuse for them. This is a great place to add options (dash cam, backup camera, laptop charger, spot/strobe lights, etc...) as you see fit.

The key fob is too f***ing big. As far as the powertrain goes, no issues so far.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post