SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seattle’s Gay Mayor Accused of Sexually Molesting Teens in the 1980s
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Seattle’s Gay Mayor Accused of Sexually Molesting Teens in the 1980s Login/Join 
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted
I know this will shake your faith in this pillar of society.
(edited - removed comment)
------------
Seattle’s Gay Mayor Accused of Sexually Molesting Teens in the 1980s

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray, famed as a staunch gay rights advocate and a champion of progressive causes, has been accused of sexually molesting several teenaged boys 30 years ago, reports have revealed.

A trio of men came forward to allege that Murray had sex with them decades ago when they were underage. At least one said he was 15 when the mayor molested him back in the 1980s, according to the Seattle Times.

A man identified only as “D.H.”, now 46, filed a lawsuit against the 61-year-old Murray alleging that the famed mayor and activist began molesting him when he was only 15 and exacerbated problems he had during his life starting when he was a teen. He also claims that Murray was fully aware of his underage status.

D.H. claims that he has been “dealing with this for over 30 years,” and filed the lawsuit as part of the “healing process.” The accuser said he hoped the lawsuit would help him to repair his mental issues after years of “the shame, the embarrassment, the guilt, the humiliation that I put myself through and that he put me through.”

The plaintiff also alleged that he took money from Murray for the sexual encounters up to 50 times over a four or five year period.

After the lawsuit had been made public, Murray issued a press release calling the accusations false:

These false accusations are intended to damage a prominent elected official who has been a defender of vulnerable populations for decades. It is not a coincidence that this shakedown effort comes within weeks of the campaign filing deadline. These unsubstantiated assertions, dating back three decades, are categorically false. Mayor Murray has never engaged in an inappropriate relationship with any minor. … Mayor Murray will vigorously fight these allegations in court.

Murray also pledged to continue his bid for re-election as the city’s Mayor.

The Seattle mayor has been the subject of such allegations in the past, with one case going as far back as 1984. Jeff Simpson came forward decades ago alleging that he met Murray in a Portland center for troubled children and was later molested for an extended period by the man who would become mayor.

A police investigation was launched in the 80s, but no charges were ever filed.

“I don’t necessarily think that he destroyed my life,” Simpson said about his experience, “But I believe a lot of the problems I have stemmed from this.”

Simpson’s story was buttressed by Lloyd Anderson, another man who claims to have been molested by Murray back in the 1980s.

“Look, the guy took advantage of my situation,” Anderson said of his experience in the 1980s. “I was young, I was homeless and doing drugs and everything.”

Mayor Murray characterized some of the allegations as a “right-wing” attack on his career.

“The two older accusations were promoted by extreme right-wing anti-gay activists in the midst of the marriage equality campaign, and were thoroughly investigated and dismissed by both law enforcement authorities and the media,” he said in a statement.

Murray insists that these lawsuits and allegations are politically motivated.

The mayor has a long history of fighting for progressive causes. When he was in the state legislature, for instance, he led the fight for the state to recognize gay marriage. And once elected Seattle’s mayor, Murray launched a campaign to push the city’s minimum wage to $15 an hour. Murray has also been a leading opponent of President Donald Trump favoring efforts to torpedo the president’s immigration policies.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...-teens-in-the-1980s/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
First, I don't believe any of these people who wait decades prior to coming forward with accusations. There is usually zero evidence, and it's only he-said he-said (in this case).

Second, pedophiles are into prepubescent children. That doesn't seem to be the case here, if it's even true at all.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Local talk back radio, TV news are all over this.

The two allegations prior to 'D.H." were investigated by Seattle PD - and found to be baseless.

This time, however, the specific details about Ed Murray's has come to the public knowledge and "D.H." states that a deposition will be made this coming week.

The following, is snip of an interview from Mr Murray's husband, Michael Shiosaki, from 2014.

Spokane-area native Michael Shiosaki embraces role as Seattle mayor’s husband

SEATTLE – Michael Shiosaki hadn’t given much thought to titles before a reporter stuck a microphone in his face as the first election night results in this city’s mayor’s race showed his husband, Ed Murray, headed for victory.

What do we call you? the reporter asked.

Interesting question, and a unique one for Seattle and most of the nation’s cities. What title does the same-sex spouse of the mayor-elect have?

“I think it’s first gentleman or something like that,” Shiosaki answered, half joking.

The title was as good as any, and it stuck. The Spokane Valley native, third-generation member of one of Spokane’s most prominent Japanese-American families, a person who has been ringside for most of the fights over equality for sexual orientation, is Seattle’s first gentleman.

“It has been an interesting transition,” he said of the past nine months in that role.

It’s a position that has offered incredible opportunities, such as meeting President Barack Obama both in Seattle and at the White House and riding in the Seahawks’ Super Bowl victory parade. But it also comes with demands “to be everywhere, all the time” and the need for a security detail.

Shiosaki still works as planning and development director for Seattle Parks and Recreation, in a third-floor office in the International District with a view of CenturyLink Field, a position he’s had for about three years. Technically, Murray is his boss. “But I remind people I’ve worked for the city a lot longer than Ed,” he said.

Full article:
http://www.spokesman.com/stori...l-shiosaki-embraces/

I'm not casting any aspersions or significance to any of this ... the laws will decide, despite the allegations.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Well, he's got the "politician caught in a sex scandal" face down pat. Big Grin

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Doubt Murray will have any problem getting re-elected. Seattle is so far to the left it should be in the Pacific.
The acusser had reportedly been very descriptive of the mayor's anatomy and with details of the encounters. The response by the mayor and his supported have been to attack the victim.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
While my personal opinion of the guy is in the basement of the outhouse, "accused of" doesn't mean "did it."

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
This tactic was recently used against Milo.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
First, I don't believe any of these people who wait decades prior to coming forward with accusations. There is usually zero evidence, and it's only he-said he-said (in this case).

Doesn't mean they are not true accounts.

quote:
Second, pedophiles are into prepubescent children. That doesn't seem to be the case here, if it's even true at all.

Pedos apparently come in all flavors, with different preferences. Children of ALL ages are targeted.

And, yes, it will be hard to prove anything. However, that doesn't mean we don't try to find the truth. I don't care what the mayor's political leanings are - if he did it, the truth needs to come out.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ok for accuracy's sake he's a hebephile, not a pedophile. It still means that he was knowingly targeting individuals he knew to be not of age doesn't it?

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
It still means that he was knowingly targeting individuals he knew to be not of age doesn't it?

Yes, but there's a big difference. In the case of a pedophile, they are targeting people who bodies are not ready for those activities due to biology.

In his case, he is targeting people who are physically mature enough, but where the ages have been dictated by law.

When I was 15, I was already running a business. Despite what the government has to say about it, I was perfectly able to make sound decisions all by myself. That doesn't mean that everybody can, but it also doesn't mean that some people can not.

quote:
Doesn't mean they are not true accounts.

Doesn't mean they aren't completely fabricated either. And since it is usually impossible to prove, why are they allowed to disrupt or ruin the lives of another?

Sounds like in this case the police already investigated him back in that time period, and could find no evidence.

He should sue them all for slander whether it's true of not. If it was a problem 30 years ago, it should have been addressed 30 years ago.

And before I'm accused of "defending a pedophile", let me be clear. I'm not defending a pedophile. I'm defending somebody that's being accused decades after the fact by somebody who is probably short on evidence.

I'd be saying the same thing he was being accused of stealing the 15 year old's bicycle.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
First, I don't believe any of these people who wait decades prior to coming forward with accusations. There is usually zero evidence, and it's only he-said he-said (in this case)....

So if I commit a heinous crime against you, and you can't prove it, that means your allegations are then false, that I didn't do it?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
So if I commit a heinous crime against you, and you can't prove it, that means your allegations are then false, that I didn't do it?

So if you didn't commit a heinous crime against me (and by the way, I don't think a gay 15 year old having sex with a guy over the age of 18 is a heinous crime), and I can't prove it because it never happened, that means my allegations are very likely slanderous.

Doesn't matter if it happened or not.

If the act was so heinous, it should have been dealt with 30 years ago. In this case, it appears that the police investigated and could find no evidence then, let alone now 30 years after the fact.

I'd prefer anybody who makes these types of allegations have some sort of evidence, and act in a timely fashion. Outside of that, I give little to no weight to their claims.

www.zykansafe.com

posted Hide Post
There's a seamy underside to seattle politics and unlike the milo accusations these go back years and there's multiple accusations / victims.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9726 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Again, accusations don't equate to guilt. Everybody was sure there were all kinds of goings-on at the McMartin Preschool. Everybody was sure Richard Jewell set off those bombs. Nothing came of either.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, but there's a big difference. In the case of a pedophile, they are targeting people who bodies are not ready for those activities due to biology.

In his case, he is targeting people who are physically mature enough, but where the ages have been dictated by law.

I'm a little behind on this particular biological topic. Are you saying there is a magical age where the male body somehow becomes biologically ready to accept... as you stated above, "those activities" ??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm a little behind on this particular biological topic. Are you saying there is a magical age where the male body somehow becomes biologically ready to accept... as you stated above, "those activities" ??

There is no magical age that a body become ready for sex, but there is a magical transformation called "puberty".

Pedophiles are those who are interested in children who have not gone through puberty.

Are you saying that there should be a legal difference between straight and gay sex acts?

www.zykansafe.com

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I think what those of you from outside the PNW are missing is that Seattle voters are so retarded that these accusations give the mayor a better shot at reelection.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
I think what those of you from outside the PNW are missing is that Seattle voters are so retarded that these accusations give the mayor a better shot at reelection.

Don't need to be there to know that Seattle is overrun with libtards. Wink

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post