SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Washer/Dryers ... Speed Queen
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washer/Dryers ... Speed Queen Login/Join 
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
What I have yet to find ... is the spacing requirement for the Speed Queen TC5 and DC5 side-by-side between and wall and cabinet.

I have the measurements for both, and can factor in gap spacing but would still like to know to validate what I am calculating. The washer/dryer will be installed next to a wall and the new cabinets will be figured out and added afterwards.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Installation manual. 6” when vented out the back. I looked at the dryer first

https://docs.alliancelaundry.c...uction/D516901en.pdf

Am venting out of the dry back into a vent box built into the wall.

But ... my question is from "right to left" the distance from the wall, across the washer and dryer, to the cabinet. Am thinking at least 53 inches.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
What I have yet to find ... is the spacing requirement for the Speed Queen TC5 and DC5 side-by-side between and wall and cabinet.

I have the measurements for both, and can factor in gap spacing but would still like to know to validate what I am calculating. The washer/dryer will be installed next to a wall and the new cabinets will be figured out and added afterwards.

But ... my question is from "right to left" the distance from the wall, across the washer and dryer, to the cabinet. Am thinking at least 53 inches.

I think that would be too tight

washer is basically 26 wide, dryer 27. I'd think one would want at least an inch space between the machines for vibration and again between the wall and machine. if you can go 60" for wall to wall space for the 2 that would give a little leeway

edit... Ive sent SQ a message asking

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think that would be too tight

washer is basically 26 wide, dryer 27. I'd think one would want at least an inch space between the machines for vibration and again between the wall and machine. if you can go 60" for wall to wall space for the 2 that would give a little leeway

edit... Ive sent SQ a message asking

FYI ... this is " wall to cabinet" and have not installed nor bought any cabinets at this time (as mentioned in earlier post).

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SQ replied... they recommend 1 inch between the machines and on either side to the wall and cabinet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
SQ replied... they recommend 1 inch between the machines and on either side to the wall and cabinet

Perfect ... thanks !

Update : at doc appt when responded, and using this information matched up with what I told my wife what cabinet length to work with.

Wish this information was shared on websites as is very helpful to know.

Again, thank you !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old dino,