SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Reminds me of Coco Beach here in Florida! Looks to be a beautiful relaxing day...enjoy Smile

Santa Rosa Beach (30A) in Florida!
Thanks!

Beautiful place; we have a second home in Seagrove. We try to keep this place a secret!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hurstolds1,

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I can put up with all the COVID crap just fine.
This Marxist bullshit that's going on now is getting to me.
I just see it getting worse because all our so-called leaders are either with them or too spineless to stand up to them.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I've found my happy place...
Doing great!

We have a place down there. We are there every few weeks. Love it!

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
too spineless to stand up to them.

I can't disagree with that.

God bless America.

Posts: 13501 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just see it getting worse because all our so-called leaders are either with them or too spineless to stand up to them.

I 1000% agree.

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A month ago I took my spouse to the hospital to have stints installed,
Their rules said
I had to wait
Outside in the parking lot
( 9 hours) that sucked,and then some.

This visit to an Iowa hospital ,
I got to go in with her.

No where near as anxious with worry.

Much,much better e.r. visit

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Still hunting for a job. Turned in my van two weeks ago, and have been working more since leaving than I had been while still employed. Nothing scheduled for work next week, so I'll just keep hunting for the right job. Got three interviews that will supposedly be set up on Monday for later in the week. I've got plenty to fall back on if I don't get the exact job I'm trying for, but we've gotten used to living cheaply, so I'm going to keep trying for what I want (facilities/operations/maintenance in a data center). If that doesn't pan out I might get a job building the data centers for experience. One of the prospects I'm looking at is as an electrician at Dulles International Airport.

Starting to get upset I haven't landed the job I want yet, tons of experience, just not in the right areas.

On a brighter note, I'm getting my springs installed on my car on Thursday for super cheap, will spend Friday in NC with the car group guy doing the work for me, then head up to central VA to meet some other car guys/gals on Saturday for mini meet and lunch. Will be the first time since COVID hit I've left my house for anything besides work or shopping.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something will come along. My business has had some real lows recently. It is tougher than Katrina in a lot of ways. Of course I am fifteen years older and do not have the stamina I did back then. Keep us posted. An electrical job at the airport. That would seem to have some security, but who knows these days.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's all related.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Here's where I'm at:

We're packing to leave Northern Michigan to go back to Florida.

Got an email from the collegiate high school my oldest son will be attending this year; they finally decided they'll be backing up the start date to 8/31. All public school districts on the Gulf Coast in SW Florida have made this decision.

The private school my two younger, 5th and 7th grade this coming year, also sent an email outlining what the COVID plan is. They still plan on opening on the 17th, but the amount of COVID prevention theater they outlined raises serious questions about the quality of the education my kids will recieve this year. Also heard from a friend that the teacher my youngest would have had has backed out. This school failed with online instruction when the schools were closed last March.

I'm considering home schooling my two youngest. I feel like we wasted 3 months when schools were physically closed. I feel like we're being strung along. First, it was an extra week of spring break, then closed until 4/15, then 4/30, then until the end of the school year. At the start of July, school were going to open on time; now there not. I feel like here we go again. The teachers' union is fighting tooth and nail not to open even on the 31st.

I don't want to waste any more time. I think I need to home school my kids. The school the oldest is going to offers an online option and I can help him. My 7th grader is sharp and self-motivated. I could stack a pile of books in front of her and she'll get it done. The 5th grader is going to be the hardest. I can teach him the math and science, but the grammar and writing skills would be my shortfall.

I wish I had a crystal ball.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Feeling for the first time in four months that life will be getting back to normal (for me, not society). It's been a long time since I have felt optimistic, it feels great.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My sister's business has been closed since March, and her husband was laid off from his IT job at a large accounting/consulting firm two weeks ago. They had a baby girl in November. They're running on borrowed time financially. I want to help, but my wife and my sister are not on speaking terms. I can't go around my wife to give my sister money, and that weighs heavily on me.

Our eldest brother is doing quite well for himself and he will certainly help our baby sister if she asks, but I just feel crummy that I can't rally to help too.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Things have changed substantially in my business. Income is about half of what it was, and I am scrambling to adjust to a new way of doing things. I miss the social aspect tremendously, but I know that I will survive. You make the best decisions that you can at the time and live with them. As a friend of mine says at least nobody is shooting at you today.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Listening to Rush and the local station had a DHS paid for commercial with the tag line "stopping the Corona virus starts with you America."

SMH

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DHS/?????

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am seriously tired of the bullshit. First the social distancing which is an oxymoron, then gloves and face mask. Now it’s goggles and face shields being proposed.

Really? WTF is wrong with these assholes.

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
This here. Our society has turned into a bunch of mambie-pambies.

For me personally and as y'all may have read in the Main Stream Op-Ed, Fear-Mongering Tabloids, air travel is down substantially. My specific company has already committed to 2,250 furloughs from the pilot ranks (of which I'm one) and came out yesterday with an announcement that might reach up to 3,900 furloughs. I'm trying to take it all in stride and see where/who I need to contact to get on the Gubmit dole. Time for ME to start living off Uncle Sugar. In the meantime, I'm upping the HELL outta my tennis game. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
erj, sucks to hear. I am still trying to figure out the unemployment mess. I think I have it figured out now, still waiting to hear back. It's not easy if you have never done it before. Hopefully you are not included in the furloughs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Thanks Skins. I can absolutely count on furlough unless there is a DRASTIC...and I mean DRASTIC...turn of events in air travel in the next two months. I don't see it happening. I'm 1,300 from the bottom of the list and 1,750 of us are getting kicked to the bricks effective 1-OCT (unless a CARES 2 is extended to airline salaries again). I've been told all my aviation career that your career really isn't complete until you've been furloughed. Well...I guess I can now say my aviation career is complete!! Big Grin

Good luck to as well, sir!!

On a side note, this sheer stupidity has needlessly claimed another victim and closed down the airline from whence I came and cut my teeth. ExpressJet will be closing its doors by the end of this year. Sadly, United has favored CommuteAir over ExpressJet to be its sole 50-seat Regional partner. Soooo many brothers and sisters at ExpressJet that are getting the axe. THAT...is really sad and I can absoLUTEly feel their pain. Frown Frown

Good-bye, my old friend. You were a GREAT ship...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turns out that I'am not equipped to deal with all aspects that the
sometime's trying social interactive aspects that are presented.

Oh,
the live ,in person out in public stuff is easy peasey . No concerns there.

I have growing concerns about mean , rude,inconsiderate, disruptive ,crass, bullies that come out of their anti social hovel's to call attention to themselves.

You know them, they point fingers , they troll many threads for anything
they can to cause angst and torment.

There are people who come here to share, to entertain ,to teach, learn and
empathize , most are helpful ,considerate, humble and look for the good in others.

The others, the selfish and superior.
They jump at any chance to enlighten the faults of all that cross their path.

This place I come to ,to escape and relax has become ( for me )
a dart board of sorts .

As in real life,
The few have the ability to spoil it for the many.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post