SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Women Who Touch You When They Talk To You
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women Who Touch You When They Talk To You Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
I've known two women who have this propensity and I'm not sure what to make of it if anything. Wife and I went out to eat last night and we ran into a couple with whom we are acquainted with but not necessarily friends. They asked us to join them at their table which we did. I sat with my wife to my right and the other guys wife to my left. Every time she would talk to either the wife or I she would place her hand on my left arm and leave it there the entire time she talked and would then remove it. When she would talk to her husband no touchy. It got to be a little weird but her husband didn't seem to notice or care and I wasn't getting the stink eye from my wife and this lady is damn attractive.

Then a guy who we didn't know but they did came up to the table and stood between me and this other lady and had a short hey how are you guys doing conversation. When she talked to him no touchy. Well this went on for about a hour. Talk, touch. When we left on the drive home I asked the wife what's up with that and why do some women do that. Wife said she didn't know but she noticed it. I left it at that and thought best not to pursue it any further. Confused

So is this some subliminal come on that women will do or nothing to read into it?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Go look in the mirror and ask yourself: "Do women want to touch me?"

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Go look in the mirror and ask yourself: "Do women want to touch me?"

Did that and I came up with the only logical conclusion. Some girls do and some girls don't.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Boy George comes to mind.

Posts: 3470 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a personality trait similar to talking with one's hands. Unless it is the upper thigh it is not sexual.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What about if they tongue your ears with a light, fluttering motion?

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
“Would you touch me?, I’d touch me”

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6348 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about if they tongue your ears with a light, fluttering motion

^^^^^^^^^
That is a keeper. Dated a girl like that.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Experience says you could have her if you play your cards right.

If it's worth it is another matter entirely.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that as well, and have seen it often enough to know it is a personality trait for the woman, and mostly involves touching the arm when the people are seated. But it also takes other forms. At Thanksgiving a couple years ago my wife invited a divorced friend. She frequently stood next to me, and whenever we spoke she touched my back, which I found very annoying.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
It’s a personality trait. I’m occasionally touchy with men I’m comfortable with, or if I’m making a point for emphasis, but otherwise I’m completely hands off. My sis, otoh, very touchy. We are both married, with no ulterior motives.

If your wife wasn’t concerned, then I wouldn’t be. Just arrange not to sit by her at next mtg if it seems weird to you (I’ve done that with guys that were too “touchy” with me, just asked my spouse to sit on that side).
Maybe she needs extra validation or something. Like I said, if your wife’s feelers didn’t go up, I think you’re all good.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5353 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve known a number of women like that in the South. Not so many up North though.

Posts: 996 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
It's just a method for the talker to keep the target's attention.

Worked, didn't it? Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13521 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, a girl I worked in the lab with was like this. She was extremely friendly with everybody. Men, women, it didn't matter. She touched them all when she talked with them. Not the boss, of course.

Q

Posts: 26494 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What about if they tongue your ears with a light, fluttering motion?

Worst audiology appointment ever.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Many years ago, a girl I worked in the lab with was like this. She was extremely friendly with everybody. Men, women, it didn't matter. She touched them all when she talked with them. Not the boss, of course.

The touching when they talk or fluttery tongue in the ear..?

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
It can be cultural, it can also be a nervous thing/a result of people feeling a need for contact

Posts: 5748 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
My wife is 100% Italian she talks with her hands. She also touches others when she talks. I read her this post and asked her why do you touch others when you talk to them. She wasn’t aware she did that. So my thoughts are cultural and not to read anything into it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I don’t like people touching me.

When I was a cop we were outside one evening just after roll call and Sgt #1 had us circle up for something he forgot to pass on. Some lunatic (he really was crazy) comes walking up and begins walking around the circle touching everyone wishing them a happy holidays….before he got to me, I turned and said “don’t touch me” nothing loud or menacing….dude lost his shit starts yelling-runs over to the other #2 Sgt who was black (crazy dude was black too) and complains.

Now Sgt #2 comes over and starts asking questions..before he could finish his sentence I said, “ I don’t let anyone touch me sarge, if you came up behind me and put your hand on me I’d most likely break your wrist, I don’t like to be touched, ask anyone.” Guy next to me said-yeah and don’t lean on his car either, everyone busted out laughing. But it’s an officer safety issue. It’s obviously different if your are doing a school presentation and the kiddos want to hug you.

But any one who feels like they can or need to put their hand on me would wind up hearing “what the fuck is wrong with you”

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Come on Q, fess up okay ?

Posts: 936 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post