SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anybody here have experience with a Medtronic LinQ loop monitor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anybody here have experience with a Medtronic LinQ loop monitor Login/Join 
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted
Getting one implanted on Wednesday and looking for any input either from those that have one or have implanted them.
Thank you in advance for your replies.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a pacemaker-defribulator that is monitored by a Medtronic unit. Never heard the unit referred
to as a Loop monitor though.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Yes, it’s not a Pacemaker/defibrillator, just a monitor continually running EKG’s.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine does that also, quite nicely. I go to the heart doctor and they can look at everything my heart is doing.

I got shocked by a sump pump while testing it, put me in AFIB. Went to Emergicare and my heart was racing at 158 BPM. Then went to the Heart Institute in Erie, PA.

Being the weekend, they medicated me to slow it down. Apparently too much, as I died for 28 seconds Sunday night. Back to pretty much normal according to them.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
WOW, glad you are ok now.

Headhunter
Picture of SPSHOOTER
posted Hide Post
What questions do you have? I have had one for about 3 months now. Supposed to last 3 to 5 years on its battery.

Posts: 1513 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The implanted monitor is in place of the 24-hour Holter monitor and the one-month event monitor.
It's the most accurate way of defining rhythm disturbances that don't show up often enough to be likely to be caught on the external monitors.

Most likely your cardiologist is looking for a cause of syncope (passing out), which can be due to excessively slow OR fast heart rates; uncommon episodes of atrial fibrillation; or potentially dangerous rhythms such as ventricular tachycardia.

Someone is taking your heart seriously. Congratulations!

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies.

SPSHOOTER; The doc says it is just a couple minutes to put it in. A simple procedure. Is that true?

sjtill; Some background. 2 grafts on the LAD in 2009. Yearly cardiolite stress test for 5 years, then every other year.

Requested a catheterization in April of 2020. Everything was good. In fact one graft was starting to close up due to not being used.

On July 23 was having very irregular heartbeat. I caught it on my Kardia mobile device and it said possible AFIB so of to the ER we went at 0330. Turned out to be PVC's.

The hospital referred me to cardiac electrophysiologist. My cardiologist had me get an echo and a holter monitor for 2 days. Cardiologist said I had PVC's about 1x per hour but very minor. Ejection fraction in the 70's I believe. Everything good and see me in November.

Cardiac electrophysiologist said echo showed right ventricular enlargement. Referred me for a sleep study and wanted to implant the linQ. Home sleep study was unremarkable. Have to do an in clinic sleep study which is not scheduled yet. His concern in that regard is that if I have sleep apnea it could be contributing to the RVE.

Implant happens tomorrow. He wants the implant because his concern is that if I am having a more active PVC episode I'll just blow it off because I'm somewhat used to it but it could be AFIB which raises concerns of stroke.

I agree the 2 cardiologists are taking it seriously.

Thanks again everyone.