SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got my 2021 elk mount back today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my 2021 elk mount back today Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted

I'm sure gonna enjoy looking at him everyday. Great memories of a once in a lifetime hunt. It took me 25 years to draw the tag up by Craig Colorado.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: coloradohunter44,

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Very nice. You'll probably enjoy this video I came across earlier.

Sneak up skills

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Very nice. You'll probably enjoy this video I came across earlier.

Sneak up skills

Cool vid. That elk is still a youngster.

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice elk mount colorado !

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Its a beautiful mount. 25 years is a long wait so well deserved.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Bucket list for me.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do t know much about scoring Elk but that thing looks like a monster.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Nice rack! Razz

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
Nice rack! Razz

^^^That's what she said^^^ Big Grin

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Nice Rack! I have a few great memories on my wall also.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
very cool

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 1996 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Beautiful animal, did he eat good?

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Nice mount.

Surprised it took 25 years by Craig. Didn't realize that was a trophy area.

It took 18 years to get my tag for area 2; but that was 2013. Bagged a nice 6x6 just North of Dinosaur NP.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Beautiful animal, did he eat good?

HK Ag

Yes sir, we enjoyed dining on him for months afterwards. Good healthy natural meat.

FBLM LGB!

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Nice mount.

Surprised it took 25 years by Craig. Didn't realize that was a trophy area.

It took 18 years to get my tag for area 2; but that was 2013. Bagged a nice 6x6 just North of Dinosaur NP.

It was unit 2, but most folks wouldn't know where that's at soI listed a big city folks have heard of.

FBLM LGB!

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
sweet

Posts: 2715 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So were you southwest of Craig, or south of Hayden? I do not know the tag areas, but as a teenager I spent 3 months hiking/working about 20 miles south of Hayden. We saw lots of elk sign among the aspen.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
See below. Unit 2 is along 318. Generally West of Maybell and North of Dinosaur NP. I could be a little off as its been a while since I looked at a Unit map.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! It looks awesome.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post