SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quick video update of my farm diorama
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick video update of my farm diorama Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Where I grew up. All gone now except the house. Guy that bought it when Dad retired farms right up to the back door...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15274 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is awesome!

Posts: 875 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
As someone said, it's impressive. Mine would be the equivalent of a stick figure drawing.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19721 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
I built models when I was a teenager, They all met their demise to gasoline and firecrackers. Big Grin

So I'm NOT the only one!

Pellet and BB guns replicate real battle damage though. I used my dad's bench vise on a few Hot Wheels to create accident carnage for the police, fire and ambulance Hot Wheels to tend to.

Too funny! A blackcat would blow it up, An M80 would obliterate it!

Posts: 2528 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:

Pellet and BB guns replicate real battle damage though. I used my dad's bench vise on a few Hot Wheels to create accident carnage for the police, fire and ambulance Hot Wheels to tend to.

Like so? Big Grin

Posts: 15274 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
I built models when I was a teenager, They all met their demise to gasoline and firecrackers. Big Grin

So I'm NOT the only one!

Twisted matchbox cars, GI Joes, and plastic army man warscapes say no, you’re not Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15628 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Pretty awesome Paul. Looks like a fun, relaxing project. I really like how realistic it really looks. The vehicle tracks/trail really looks like grass that was driven on. Quite impressive.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very well-done project. I've watched the video several times at full screen size and I continue to notice new details previously unnoticed, for example the variations in the rusting metal roof panels on the various sheds and the cable details on the pole mounted power transformer. I also notice the variations in your landscaping, including the subtle shadings in your grass and earth covers. Keep up the good work and please keep us up-dated.

Posts: 283 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sound of that 2 lunger Deere was awesome! Beautiful job, and brings back memories from long ago. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 520 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1529 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very cool! I was just thinking the other day that we hadn't seen any updates on this in a while. It's looking great!

Posts: 8671 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Got the quarry mostly detailed. Still thinking of things to add. For instance, I'd like have a newspaper blown up against the fence if I could think of a way to make one small enough and still at least look like print.

Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing PHPaul

It’s awesome.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post