SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Canada: a true police state
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canada: a true police state Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
It's no exaggeration, none at all. Canada has become a police state, the real thing.

Arrested for speaking the plain and simple truth:
quote:
"They removed me from the building for the remainder of the year and, when I attempted to attend class, I was arrested and charged."
Canadian Catholic student arrested and charged after saying men and women are different

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
And whatever you do, don't get sick in Canada. Keep an eye on how quickly you can legally enter the the US to get medical care. Canada is in a bad way.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I grew up on the Canadian border in the UP of Michigan and used to love visiting Canada. It was such a neat country in so many ways. Not as great as the US, but a place I thought I could live if I needed to do so. Now I would have to think twice before I even went there for a short visit.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, Canadia... Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This is what the Canadian government says they are:

“Canada is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy, founded on the rule of law and respect for rights and freedoms. The government acts in the name of the Crown but derives its authority from the Canadian people.”

I have to laugh.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
It's hard to watch. Some good folks up there. Not sure why the revolution hasn't started there. The room they are locked into now keeps getting smaller. Red flag city.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He wasn't arrested for what he said. He was removed from school, and arrested when he attempted to return against the school's wishes and decisions.

From the Toronto Sun:
"On Monday, Alexander returned to class and was promptly met by the vice-principal, arrested by two local police officers and charged with trespassing."

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
He wasn't arrested for what he said. He was removed from school, and arrested when he attempted to return against the school's wishes and decisions.

From the Toronto Sun:
"On Monday, Alexander returned to class and was promptly met by the vice-principal, arrested by two local police officers and charged with trespassing."

None of which would have happened if he wasn’t summarily convicted of wrong speak by the totalitarian leftist swamp that rules Canada.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 322 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I believe my understanding of the root of the issue here is that a Catholic school did not like being told that it wasn't following the path laid out in the bible regarding the differences between men and women.

Seems like this would cause quite an uproar in a school of that nature.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I guess these days are long gone.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jed7s9b:
quote:

From the Toronto Sun:

None of which would have happened if he wasn’t summarily convicted of wrong speak by the totalitarian leftist swamp that rules Canada.

If by "totalitarian leftist swamp" you mean the Catholic school, OK.

It wouldn't have happened if he rode out his suspension either. But I'm guessing that he, and his lawyer, are getting the attention they want.

I've also learned to take what teens say with a healthy dose of salt. None of us know the backstory or anything that hasn't been spun by his attorney and the media. You may agree with his supposed viewpoint, but be careful of unseen agendas.

Civil disobedience by definition comes with consequences. If it's OK for him to trespass at a school he's been barred from without consequences, it's implicitly OK for any protester to trespass anywhere they want without consequences.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:

From the Toronto Sun:
When the people of this world have had enough, they will come after not only those directly responsible for trying to destroy us with totalitarianism; they will come after those who support them by spouting the kind of shit you're peddling right now.

When we get to a certain point and the good, decent people of this existence can't take anymore, circumstances will turn on a dime, and people who aided these fascists will be lumped in with the fascists.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
I guess these days are long gone.

From this to what some up there now call the horse Gestapo per the reporting on last year's Freedom Convoy.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
“Canada is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy, founded on the rule of law and respect for rights and freedoms. The government acts in the name of the Crown but derives its authority from the Canadian people.”

Suuure, they're just like the USA - if the Constitution could be suspended, in its plainest and most universally understood meaning, in whole or in part, indefinitely, by a simple vote of Congress, with absolutely no chance of any meaningful review in any court.

This is why we don't want to let Biden and Co. succeed in turning us into Canada, or let Biden and Trudeau turn North America into East China.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

From the Toronto Sun:
When the people of this world have had enough, they will come after not only those directly responsible for trying to destroy us with totalitarianism; they will come after those who support them by spouting the kind of shit you're peddling right now.

When we get to a certain point and the good, decent people of this existence can't take anymore, circumstances will turn on a dime, and people who aided these fascists will be lumped in with the fascists.

Very well said sir. Very well said.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Artur Pawlowski, the Canadian Preacher who was repeatedly arrested for "violating government orders" of covid policies by holding church services. He's the one that originally chased the candadian cops out of his church while calling them Nazis.

That's the thing, just defy any "government order" and the jack booted thugs of canada will open up a can of whoop ass, no matter how wrong they are.

Plenty of articles as well as youtube videos, just google Artur Pawlowski.

And, of course, last years Truckers protests in Canada when not only did the canadian jackbooted thugs arrest the truckers, they also terrorized the canadian citizens who dared support the truckers.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

From the Toronto Sun:

And the very same thing happens every single school day in various places here in the US of A, when a student is suspended/expelled from school, told they can't come on campus during their suspension/expulsion, and shows back up on campus anyway. The school calls the cops, and they get arrested for trespassing too.

It's about a weekly occurrence in my comparatively small metroplex area alone, so extrapolate that out to across the entire country, and nationwide we're talking multiple (dozens? hundreds?) trespassing arrests every single school day, for the same situation of a student trespassing on school property after a suspension/expulsion.

From a law enforcement standpoint, the underlying reason for the initial suspension/expulsion doesn't factor into it. That underlying reason is between the student/parents and the school administration, and the police have no say in it (and often have no knowledge of the underlying reason for the expulsion, unless the school or the student volunteers it). The fact of the matter is that school informed the student that they are not allowed there during their period of suspension/expulsion, and by going back on school property after being informed they cannot be there, they're trespassing, which is a crime.

Just like they don't get to debate the underlying merits of a restraining order/no contact order that was issued and subsequently violated, the cops don't get to sit there and parse: "Okay, this one guy was suspended because he jumped another kid in the bathroom, and that's definitely bad, so we're going to arrest him since the school complained that he showed back up on campus during his suspension, but this other guy was suspended because he got into an argument with the principal, and I never really liked that principal anyway, so even though the school complained that he showed up on campus during his suspension too, I guess that one's not really a crime in my book."

You have an issue with the reason for the initial suspension/expulsion, and that should be directed at the school administration, not at the law enforcement who are enforcing the trespassing law that was subsequently broken at a later date.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's ot a set of spectacles in the world that could make you see this clearly, I suppose. The funny part about this is that you're saying "Oh, this is just normal stuff."

It seems that you are taking the term "police state" in a strictly literal sense. It might be a good time to review the definition of the term- from a credible source, of course.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The funny part about this is that you're saying "Oh, this is just normal stuff."

You're right, I am. The trespassing arrest is normal, same as any other suspended student on campus.

It's the initial reason for the suspension that's abnormal. That should be the focus.

Yet for some reason, it's the later arrest that's getting the focus.

In addition, you specifically claim that he was "arrested for speaking the truth", which is not the case. He was suspended for speaking the truth. By the school administration. Which should be the focus of your ire.

He then later chose to return to campus, knowing that he wasn't allowed back on the property, and committed a crime in the process.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And why was he considered to be trespassing?

And you think I'm referring to this single incident alone? You haven't been asleep for two years. I've seen you in here.

And yes, he was arrested for speaking the truth. That's right. You want to take all of this on face value alone and we are talking past each other.