SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Toilet trip lever- plumbers may I ask your advice?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet trip lever- plumbers may I ask your advice? Login/Join 
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted
I have a relatively new (to me) Kohler toilet, installed in 2012-2013. 2 other toilets in house, been there since at least the 70s, no issues ever with them.

The trip lever on the newer toilet just plain broke off 2 weeks ago. I’ve been trying to find a replacement. No one answers the phone at the Kohler helpline the multiple times I’ve attempted to call. When I use online messaging help, I’m getting folks from India who either aren’t paying attention to the request, or simply don’t understand.

The “lever kit” I need is in a “vibrant brushed bronze” color. They sell the “lever” in brushed bronze, but the full lever kit is apparently only available in polished chrome. I’d like to to get the lever in the color I want and take apart the chrome lever kit and put on the bronze lever, but the chrome kit I ordered appears to be one solid unit.

Why would they sell the lever independently? Is there another kit I can get to attach the lever to?
Model numbers for the lever kit Gp1142713-cp, and k9379-bv for the lever itself.

This should’ve been a simple at home fix. Obviously, all the fixtures in the newer bathroom are the vibrant brushed bronze, otherwise I’d just go with the chrome. I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you tried your local plumbing supply house?

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Keep trying Kohler Customer Support until you get someone.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/s.../customerSupport.jsp

Kohler products have a Lifetime Warranty, and yours has a unique finish. They will replace the failed part at NO Cost to you! They are also likely the only ones who can provide it anyway. Good Luck!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was a little bit in the same situation where the lever on my Gerber, the white paint started to flake off the handle, and the whole assembly was like 45 bucks, all I needed was the little handle piece but they would not sell me just that, it’s apparently all integrated and one piece.

I ended up buying a separate handle piece and a separate lever piece and making it work and bypassing what Gerber wanted to sell me. Maybe you can do the same?

I’m sure someone makes a handle in a finish that you are looking for?

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You need to search for K-9379 VB

The number is the style lever and handle, and the VB is Vibrant Brass.

Lowes shows them:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/KOHLE...rl=1286981&gclsrc=ds

Maybe call and see if they can put eyes on it and verify it has the lever and handle.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Lowes shows them:

Maybe call and see if they can put eyes on it and verify it has the lever and handle.

$62 for a friggen' handle to flush the shitter? What in the world? Eek

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Lowes shows them:

$62 for a friggen' handle to flush the shitter? What in the world? Eek

It's special.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Thanks, you guys. I really appreciate it, and I’ll look further into it.
I’m still struggling to get past the fact that I’ve had two other toilets for decades with no issues and this one (which has been meticulously cared for) craps out (pun intended) in less than a decade.
Thanks as well for the email. I will follow up.

"Trust, but verify."

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Shit today ain't made like they used to
pride and craftmanship have taken a dump

Keep trying to reach Kohler, they are a quality
company and should send you a replacement free.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
OK I thought, all right, I’m not doing anything right now, I’ll try again.. finally got through! I can’t believe it but it worked - unfortunately, I was so excited that I got through to a human that I forgot to ask for it to be replaced for free… but they did not require I send back the chrome polish version and stated they would refund my card for that, so I’m ok with it.
Now to see if the version they send me works. If it does, I’m ordering another just as backup.
Thank you so much everyone- this made my day!

The forum comes through again!

"Trust, but verify."