SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The new Honda CBR one thousand gets some updates and an additional “R”
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new Honda CBR one thousand gets some updates and an additional “R” Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
Honda today announced they wanted to stay in good company such as Kawasaki (who just won yet another WSBK title) BMW & Suzuki and Yamaha (though crossplane sounds just awful) and introduced a new CBR1000 with a inline four engine and not just one, oh no...not two either but THREE whole “R”’s in its name. I think they should have gone for four personally.
With well over 200 hp on tap it should be an interesting development in the kawi dominant WSBK race series and a much needed refresh for the CBR. From what I’ve read the engine internals have been tweaked and it has a shorter stroke which is apparently similar if not identical to the Ducati Panigale V4. Interesting...

The Honda CBR1000RR-R

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9 out of 10 pirates prefer the CBR1000AhrrAhrr-Ahrrrr, matey.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming track only?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15981 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Street legal. Hell...anything is street legal if you’re brave enough. I just got popped for that..and let go with a warning Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Does it come with its' own ambulance?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a negative ghost rider but she does have an ejection seat....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Street legal. Hell...anything is street legal if you’re brave enough. I just got popped for that..and let go with a warning Big Grin

Eek I guess something has to complete with the S1000RR & be a bit more sane than I assume the Kawi H2R has to be.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15981 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice and I would get in ALOT of trouble on that.
Right now, I have a desire for the new Ducati Streetfighter. Never happen but I can dream and drool.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking bike! But I’d have to sell my 1994 CBR1000 I bought new to make room and that ain’t gonna happen. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I've been riding for over 50 years. I grew at the same time the modern inline 4 cylinder bikes did. Watching all of the improvements in handling and power development has been exciting.

The time where I could even come close to challenging a bike like that is gone for me but I have my memories and I can dream, boy I can dream...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
The closest I ever came to 'challenging' a high power motorcycle, was around 1968 when the 3 cylinder 2-stroke Kawasaki 500? was dominant. Had a passenger on the back, rolled throttle on, shifted thru the gears to about 4th or so. Noticed 100++ at same moment the extremely light handlebars seemed odd.

Wasn't a wheelie, more of an elongated float just barely off/on the freeway pavement for several more eternal moments....

I quit riding about 20 years ago so none of these recent designs have tempted me. Much.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
[CHARO]rrrRRrrrr![/CHARO]

As for challenging a top-end sportsbike like that, I don't know that I ever will either - but I found myself briefly considering yoga just a second ago.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I too started riding over 50 years ago.

No problem with me about "challenging" this new Honda with the many "R's".

I can't even get into that riding position anymore. . .I'll just stick with my Kawasaki Nomad. Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I was curious about the pricing on this. Oh hell no, not because I'm getting on one, just always amazed at the cost:crazy ratio on these bikes.

Didn't find that in my 5 minute search, but did see this article with some additional interesting insights into a lot of the details.

You guys are nuts.

Linky

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12672 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Gregg-g loves his new CBR1000RR-R.

Posts: 7632 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I have to admit I like it even if I am a Duc fan.

Be nice to see something other than the Repsol livery in the roads....

Posts: 5059 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Ar-ar-ar? Call it the Seal.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
When I grow up I'm gonna buy one of these superbikes. Just watch. I'm gonna be somebody someday.

First I will have to sell my 781cc V-4 Honda Interceptor.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5200 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd buy one just for fun. liter bikes on the track (normally all I do for fun on a motorcycle) has reached silly and dumb. But of course I'm thinking the price will be unobtanium.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11164 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/oid6JrLpkxg

Damn I miss track days with the Z. I could never do the level he's at but I had a blast.
Some nice video here.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post