SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Section of the Mysterious Georgia Guidestones Has Been Destroyed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Section of the Mysterious Georgia Guidestones Has Been Destroyed Login/Join 
posted
The monument has been described as "heavily damaged"

https://nationalfile.com/a-sec...-has-been-destroyed/

The Georgia Guidestones have been “heavily damaged” after it was allegedly blown up overnight. In 1980, the mysterious “guidestones” appeared one night in Elberton, Georgia and include instructions on how humanity should be structured, including limits on population numbers and eugenics.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is investigating the incident and believe that the pillar was blown up. Local media outlets shared photos that show a section of the Georgia Guidestones that has been reduced to rubble.

Local residents told WSB-TV that they heard what sounded like an explosion around 4 a.m. Elberton police and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are still trying to determine the exact cause of the destruction.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation have now confirmed the report, saying that unknown suspects detonated an explosive device around 4 a.m., destroying a large portion of the structure. The structure has been described as “heavily damaged.”

GBI’s bomb disposal unit, the Elbert County Sheriff’s Office, the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, the Hall County Sheriff’s Office and the Elbert County Fire Department are all on the scene of the investigation. GDOT has since closed down roads in the area as local and state police investigate.

The 19-foot-tall granite monument was erected along Highway 77 in Elberton, Georgia in 1980. It includes “instructions” for humanity in eight different languages and are astronomically aligned.

Messages inscribed call for population control, harmony with nature and international cooperation. “Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature; Guide reproduction wisely, improving fitness and diversity; Unite humanity with a living new language,” reads a portion of the monument’s English section.

The funders of the Georgia Guidestones have never been publicly identified.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Some reprobate already beat you to posting this about 5 hours ago... Wink

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/9550091394

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
True,

But at least the OP took the time to provide info and a picture.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Some reprobate already beat you to posting
quote:
In case you did not know the difference:

As adjectives the difference between miscreant and reprobate is that miscreant is lacking in conscience or moral principles; unscrupulous while reprobate is (rare) rejected; cast off as worthless.

As nouns the difference between miscreant and reprobate is that miscreant is one who has behaved badly, or illegally while reprobate is one rejected by god; a sinful person.

As a verb reprobate is to have strong disapproval of something; to condemn.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the grammar lesson, but go tell it to the guy who titled the earlier thread "Some Reprobate Bombed The Georgia Guidestones" Wink

My comment was playing off that other thread title in pointing out the jib-jab, not specifically calling anyone in particular a reprobrate (or miscreant).

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I posted that because I had not known the difference until I searched for it just now.

Got to have something to keep me off the streets and out of trouble when I'm not busy changing deadbolts.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post