SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Huge explosion in Iran,
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge explosion in Iran, Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Personally, I don't think luck, good or bad, has anything to with what's going on there. Seems more like a coordinated effort to me. Too many incidents occurring in a short time frame. I'm hoping it's all domestic in nature.

Jim

Yep. We are well past ‘sh*t happens’.

I‘m also curious if there have been other incidents that haven’t made the news. Another Stuxnet bug could set the Iranian nuclear program back even further.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Personally, I don't think luck, good or bad, has anything to with what's going on there. Seems more like a coordinated effort to me. Too many incidents occurring in a short time frame. I'm hoping it's all domestic in nature.

Jim

Yep. We are well past ‘sh*t happens’.

I‘m also curious if there have been other incidents that haven’t made the news. Another Stuxnet bug could set the Iranian nuclear program back even further.

You can count on more happening than what’s been in the news. It’s how it is everywhere honestly.
I just can’t wait to find out who dunnit

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything going explodey seems to have tapered down a bit, but this was on Twitter yesterday, and since they put it in a more normal format figured it may fill in a couple blanks.

I had seen the passenger jet story but hadn't attributed that as being linked to the original events.......

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse...es-within-jake-novak

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Interesting thanks for posting the link sofiaac.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
Everything going explodey seems to have tapered down a bit, but this was on Twitter yesterday, and since they put it in a more normal format figured it may fill in a couple blanks.

I had seen the passenger jet story but hadn't attributed that as being linked to the original events.......

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse...es-within-jake-novak

Needs to be posted and read. "US"
doing this would be a big game changer if true.

SOURCES: String of attacks on Iranian sites the result of moles within the regime
Published on July 26, 2020
Jake Novak
Jake NovakFollow
CNBC Editorial Contributor, Creator of @Varneyco on FOX Business, fmr EP of #KudlowReport

For the Iranian regime, there are no more secrets.

At least not from the U.S. and Israel.

And the reason is about what you'd expect: there are a few moles on the inside.

Let's start with the literal damage: Over the course of the last several weeks, more than a dozen key Iranian military sites and Iranian-backed militia sites have been bombed, set on fire, or otherwise sabotaged.

This includes Iran’s nuclear program headquarters and its top missile development site.

Then, what are still only known to be civilian infrastructure sites were also hit with mysterious fires throughout the country, including a key petrochemical plant and a shipyard.

Moving to Syria, successful precise Israeli attacks on Iranian-backed Hezbollah sites where several Iranian officers just happened to be hanging out have also increased lately.

On Thursday, an Iranian passenger jet was buzzed by a US F-15 fighter & forced to drop altitude abruptly in an incident originally blamed on an Israeli fighter jet.

And finally, (so far), massive explosions occurred at Iranian-backed militia bases near Baghdad Sunday. The militias are blaming Israel for those attacks, but the U.S. may have been involved.

Let’s just pause here to say that if this is the first you’re hearing of these incidents, you seriously need to expand and change where you get your news.

But why is this happening now & what’s the message here?

The knee-jerk answer is that the U.S. and Israel are simply trying to increase the pressure on Iran, which is apparently suffering more from the COVID-19 virus than its neighbors and is reeling from yet another downturn in its economy. Throw in the political pressure on U.S. President Donald Trump in this election year and the constant pressure Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is experiencing, and this looks like just another momentary escalation in hostilities.

But the answer, based on my sources, is there are at least two key military leaders in Iran who have turned against the regime. They are supplying the U.S. and Israel access to source code for cyberattacks and the info on the movements of other commanders.

For example, the U.S. likely buzzed that Iranian passenger flight as a warning to Iran that it knew at least one top Iranian military official was on that plane, along with weapons hidden among the civilian cargo. More information on that flight was provided Friday by journalist and Iranian exile Heshmat Alavi here.

The ever more clear message to Iran from the U.S. and Israel is that they now know where all the top weapons and commanders are hiding. The passenger jet buzzing, the supposedly civilian infrastructure sites, and the major damage to the nuclear and missile locations are all the result of breached information that was beyond "top secret."

The result is there are essentially no Iranian secret ops anymore. And whenever possible, the U.S. & Israel will “deactivate” those targets with several means at their disposal.

None of this is really news to Iran. After the fires at what seemed like a nondescript chemical plant and a few smaller boats at a shipyard, the regime realized the proverbial jig was up. As a result, my sources haven't risked exposing a plot the hierarchy didn't already know about. It's just that they can't find the perpetrators.

The cause of these defections is likely the aftermath of confusion and power shifting that occurred as a result of the U.S. operation to find and kill the late commander of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, Qassem Soleimani. General Soleimani's replacement, Esmail Ghani, is not as respected, and the slightly changed inner circle he has arranged at the IRGC left some other generals feeling a bit left out.

The deadly crackdown on Iranian protesters by the IRCG in November and December of 2019, which left thousands of innocent Iranians dead, also planted a seed of dissent among the terror army's top ranks. But that was more the result of anger over outside troopers from Iraq and other countries brought into Iran to brutally put down the protesters. Some in the IRGC were irked by the use of those outsiders and their potential to undermine Iranian "purity" in the force.

There is no indication the U.S. or Israel will let up on this assault on the list of targets provided to them by those insiders in the Tehran regime. That means others with any semblance of power inside Iran have a decision to make: join the ranks of those undermining the government, or risk waiting too long and finding themselves without a chair when the music stops.

Meanwhile, the attacks, suspicious fires, power outages, and other forms of mayhem afflicting every aspect of Iran's war and terror machine will continue. Sadly, there is an almost unending list of such targets inside and connected to the world's number one murderous regime.

But the mask is off what was once a secret network of now-vulnerable sites, and no one should weep when they learn about each and every one of them being neutralized one way or another.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting theories/observations. However the very weak economy is probably a huge factor in dissent among the military and government management. They have stupid and stubborn top leaders, and those below them can see that Iran will continue down this path towards poverty unless they get new leaders.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
China is also being allowed to use bottom trawling technique in some of Iran's best fishing waters, not only over-harvesting, but putting Iran's own fishermen out of work / denying locals food source.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post