SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Huge explosion in Iran,
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge explosion in Iran, Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:

I bet that made their ears ring.

It really couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people.

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got no knowledge in bomb damage assessment but, IF that photo indicates it was a bomb/missile, the point of impact where it's highlighted as crater, is showing the aim point being...in the surrounding road, very near the corner of this building but not in the building.

Nevertheless a mission kill, the building has a new natural light section and the resulting fire has likely wiped-out whatever was inside.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fire breaks out in 7 ships at city in which a vital Iranian nuclear plant is located.

Zero Hedge: https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...e-southern-iran-port

Obviously could be un-related but seems odd that all the goings-on lately have Iran / nuclear tie-ins.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ GG!!

<><

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
Obviously could be un-related but seems odd that all the goings-on lately have Iran / nuclear tie-ins.

Because the US/Israel has super-secret, super effective agents in all corners of Iran that are timing their sabotage/hits within a few weeks...
I'd love to believe that, but it's more likely that the Iranians are just running out of money due to the sanctions & corners are being cut, with predictable results.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm reminded of the patrolman running security during the parade at the end of Animal House (as Belushi and crew begin rioting).......

"Remain calm! All is well!!" Big Grin Big Grin

<><

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:

Because the US/Israel has super-secret, super effective agents in all corners of Iran that are timing their sabotage/hits within a few weeks...
I'd love to believe that, but it's more likely that the Iranians are just running out of money due to the sanctions & corners are being cut, with predictable results.[/QUOTE]

Either way, works for me.
Hopefully one or both will continue as needed.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
...it's more likely that the Iranians are just running out of money...
So you're saying they've already burned through the $BILLIONS$ of phat stacks delivered to them on pallets by The Wonder Putz?? Razz Wow...I guess terrorism DOES cost a lot of money!! Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Explosion at power plant in Isfahan, Iran

Reported in today’s Debka file.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember, this is all happenstance. Wink

<><

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Man, them Eyeraynians have the worst luck.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Keep 'em comin'

The Iranians want to play in the big league but they aren't even gonna make it to the try-outs. The Israelis will see to that.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Death by a thousand cuts.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Man, them Eyeraynians have the worst luck.

Yah, their budget sucks, their equipment maintenance routines are worse......oh, and the Israelis seem pretty bent at 'em too. Big Grin

<><

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
The Iranians do seem to have legacy of hate in their path. Mrs tac's opthalmic surgeon, the guy who sorted out her cataracts last year, is Iranian. I got the chance to talk to him a short while back, and asked him if he'd ever been back there recently. Nope, he told me, I was just six years old when I left in 1979 with my much-older cousin after the ayatollah's boys 'disappeared' my parents - both doctors, BTW, my twin elder twin brothers and sister who were all at University in Teheran. It's thanks to the kindness of strangers that I'm here and was able to become a doctor and surgeon.

Now there's a man who could deservedly harbour a king-sized grudge. Iran sure is piling up the crap that one day is going to descend on their collective heads.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tacfoley,

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I served in Iran 1969-1971 and found the Iranian people to be pretty much like most others--decent folk trying to live a good life and reasonably friendly. There were a few religious extremists, but they were concentrated in a small part of Tehran--we were warned not to go through there during Ramadan when they were most active. I had good relations with my Iranian neighbors.

I doubt that the general population of Iran is interested in their country having nuclear weapons. I don't think Iran is under any real threat from other nuclear nations. Iran was making great strides into the 20th Century when I was there--that pretty much stopped after the Islamic Revolution. I think most Iranians want to enjoy the benefits of modern civilization, some of which they were beginning to see under the Shah.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy: Iran was making great strides into the 20th Century when I was there--that pretty much stopped after the Islamic Revolution. flashguy

As indeed it does everywhere when the mullahs take over.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
whatever it is these guys are doing, they need to keep it up

an epic string of bad luck Big Grin

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
whatever it is these guys are doing, they need to keep it up

an epic string of bad luck Big Grin

Personally, I don't think luck, good or bad, has anything to with what's going on there. Seems more like a coordinated effort to me. Too many incidents occurring in a short time frame. I'm hoping it's all domestic in nature.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post