SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke shows up for his first day of work...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke shows up for his first day of work... Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
...on horseback. Could this be considered the western version of being 'Green'? Wink

I'm still learning about this guy, but what I know so far, I really like. The heck with suit and tie, I like my civil servants much better like this.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
A couple of folks with a 'harumph' face, but for the most part they all seem to be smiling! Good start!

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
A couple of folks with a 'harumph' face, but for the most part they all seem to be smiling! Good start!

Looks like he would kick their asses if they said anything snarky.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
a set of spurs, a cigar and a pair of 6 gun strapped on and it'd be a perfect entrance!

He certainly has the correct profile for a western cowboy, you could put him in a movie easily.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

Highly likely being a Team Guy and all that. Big Grin

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
An Outdoorsman for the Interior? Howzat work?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lunasee:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

Highly likely being a Team Guy and all that. Big Grin

He was a US Navy SEAL from 1986 until 2008, and retired with the rank of Commander.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
As a fellow Montanan, I'll bet that's the first time he ever sat an non-western saddle.

I know I've never sat one.

Where do hang your scabbard, rope, bedroll, saddle bags, hoof pick, etc on one of these saddles?

Mike - once a cowboy.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I like seeing this. I hope he keeps Glacier Park well funded! Big Grin

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I don't dislike him.

I grew up in the same valley as him at the same time, and while I never met him then, I knew the name. I like that a local kid has done so well in his life, and I think that he has his eyes on a bigger prize eventually.

But, I am a bit troubled with the fact that he seems to vacillate on some of his positions (global warming for one), and the fact that he seems to have inflated some of his service accomplishments. NOT STOLEN VALOR BY ANY STRETCH, but even some of his former commanders and teammates have raised eyebrows to some of his claims. Let's just say that he is very talented at embellishing his resume, which some of us are as well. Wink

All that said, I think he'll be good in his current job as long as he doesn't jump back on the global warming bandwagon.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post