SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    28 Days no Copenhagen
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

28 Days no Copenhagen Login/Join 
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Good work! It’s definitely hard work, but it can be done.
Keep going, and don’t look back.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I quit January 1st 2000. I made a deal with my wife that after 6 months with no slip-ups, I would buy a SIG.

I joined SIGForum in February I think (different username that I lost access to the email). I read a lot, did a good bit of research, and in early July 2000 bought a SP2340. Later added a .357 SIG barrel and also picked up a complete 9mm slide on eBay.

I had several revolvers and long guns but this was my first pistol.

23 years later, many SIGs, Glocks, Kahr, Walther, Ruger, added several more S&W revolvers, as well as long guns, and I am still tobacco-free.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! October 29th, 2000 was my last smoke. Left half a pack in the tool-shed at my old house (its probably still there). Ex-wifey said if I quit I could get a new Harley. 3 Harley's later and another ex-wifey and I still can't stand to be near a smoker. That shit stinks and I never understood it until I quit.

Every day it gets harder and easier at the same time. Harder to avoid and easier to smile without grit in your teeth and a lump in your lip.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
February 8th 2015 was my last dip of Copenhagen. I had tried so many times before, but this time it lasted. Not one single grain of tobacco since.

I've bought some of those coffee pouches a couple times to get me through when I've felt tempted. It takes quite a while, but it does get easier. Your mouth and your wallet will thank you!!

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 587 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Good for you. It’s not easy. I smoked for 28 years. The last couple years I smoked and dipped.

Quit Now has a pretty cool app. It tracks your quit progress.

4 years, 254 days, 21 hours
1714 days quit
25,723 cigarettes avoided
$11,164 money saved
107 days won back (whatever that bullshit is)

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I used Cope for about 17 years. Been off of it for 25 years. I had dreams for years after where I'd be going about my business, and realized I had a dip in. And, clawing from my face.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post