SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The last of the potato chip crumbles
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The last of the potato chip crumbles Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
When the chip bag is empty, cut the bottom off before putting it in the trash.
Pets, particularly dogs, will try to eat the crumbs and the salt. A number have been found dead by their owners after suffocation in the bag.
https://metro.co.uk/2018/03/05...tilla-chips-7364603/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
It's all about the technique.

1. Make sure bag is fully opened, i.e. pull heat sealed seam apart to creased edge of bag

2. Maintain sharp creased edge, this is the funnel mechanism

3. Using hand hold closed funnel mechanism and tilt and shake bag to stage crumbs close to funnel end

4. Carefully place bottom point of funnel on lower lip,
open mouth wide, and raise opposite end of bag delivering delicious crumbs into mouth

5. Enjoy your mouthful of goodness

The problem with this method is that the top half of the bag is always crumpled up from having been rolled/folded to close it to keep the uneaten chips fresh. By the time the bag is actually close to empty it is so disfigured that getting a nice straight crease is impossible! Hence the tasty crumbs ride a bumpy roller coaster to my awaiting face, instead of into my mouth! Also being a rushing opener (gotta get to them tasty chips fast), the opened part of the bag is rarely nice and tubular and often has tears and folds along the edges.

Of course, my brain still tells me it is possible to get the crumbs from the bottom of the bag to my mouth, despite my previous history of failures. I must be insane since I keep doing it and expect a different result each time!!

Posts: 4344 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use a spoon, problem solved..

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Pour crumbles into bowl..utilize spoon.

quote:
Originally posted by bossman:
Use a spoon, problem solved..

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
For me it's the ice avalanche at the bottom of my glass...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
1. Eat whole chips
2. Throw away bag with crumbs
3. ???
4. Profit.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Static electrical charges and the nominal reactions between the material the bag is comprised, and the salt content of the crumbles, and both attractive and repelling forces at work.

The speed and density of the crumbles, the variables of the distance between the crumbles and the surface of the bad are a very complex solution to fathom or plot.

Or, you just suck at dumping crap in yer pie hole.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
You guys are geniuses, I never considered that there might be a way not to wear a light dusting of chip detritus on a semi-permanent basis. I just thought it was part of life.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Up next - how to get whole Pringles from the bottom of the can without losing the crumbs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Try cutting the top 2/3 of the bag off. Less "roller coaster" travel, less time for the other scientific theories mentioned here to take effect, closer to get hand/fingers in.

Works for me. YMMV.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
hold bag up so all the crumbs fall into one corner

Cut off the opposite corner

Rotate cut corner into mouth

Shake bag to get all crumbs to fall into the cut corner.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post