SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's the longest you stepped away from shooting and then come back to it?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the longest you stepped away from shooting and then come back to it? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
About 6 months is the longest and I found out I was kinda rusty on the accuracy. Not horrible and after a few magazines, I was pretty good.

Years ago I used to shoot matches every Thursday night in an indoor range I used to go to but my business picked up and now it's like 11+ hours a day. Fell off when I started working more.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your responses. It seems like taking an extended break is not uncommon.

For me, I think my interest in shooting pistols started to diminish when I got to the age of needing progressive lenses. Shooting with your head tilted back or constantly switching to shooting glasses only to see a totally blurry blob as a target just isn't that much fun. I know red dots are an option, but somewhat limited in terms of firearms selection.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post