SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vegemite ... do you love it or hate it ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vegemite ... do you love it or hate it ? Login/Join 
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 833 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Vegemite? I'd rather a fluffernutter! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I like to spread it on haggis.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
... had not thought about Haggis with Vegemite but can see, and imagine the taste, how it would be delicious.
I've never had haggis or Vegemite or Marmot or any of those other furry creatures.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Vegemite....tried it once, almost vomited.

Nope, no thanks. If anyone ever gives me any I'll send it to you.

That was my reaction the one time I tried the stuff... never again!!!

Posts: 4604 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Vegemite is one of those things that guys use to prove their toughness. Just like bloody steak.

Then there are those that don't need to convince themselves.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I have an incredible scent/taste memory. A scent or flavor can take me back to places in my life, almost as if I was there again, for a brief few seconds.

Seeing the marmite, peanut butter and cracker, brought back the taste memory so strong, i was on the verge of gagging. I don’t think I can finish my coffee now.

Marmite is like a Viking woman. Quite brutal, and not for the weak.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
<snip>
Marmite is like a Viking woman. Quite brutal, and not for the weak.

Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8996 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a dog thing for itching skin Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19226 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
It's funny to read this thread never having smelt or tasted either breed of the Australian yeast-jelly-stuff.

Sounds interesting and possibly gross.

Posts: 5154 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
I use it or marmite in shepherds and cottage pies

integral ingredient

I do the same.
Vegemite/Marmite are both intense yeast extracts that pack a punch flavor wise. I put it in my ragu sauce, any stews, basically any dish with meaty savoriness, adding it will punch-up the flavor quotient to the dish.

Posts: 14687 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
One of those amazing marketing schemes where they convince consumers to actually purchase what is really trash. Kind of like buying vines with your tomatoes.

Posts: 7471 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
One of those amazing marketing schemes where they convince consumers to actually purchase what is really trash. Kind of like buying vines with your tomatoes.

Darn good marketing scheme for the last 100 years ... since it was created 1922 in Australia and still loved by the Aussies.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post