New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beard oil Login/Join 
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted
For those of you with beards, what beard oil(s) have you found that you like?
I liked the Cremo beard oil, in the now discontinued Bourbon Blend. The “improved” version is now Bourbon Vanilla, and is a huge step down. Lately I’ve been using Honest Amish brand. It’s OK, but not great.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Having tried many I've reverted to a simple 50:50 mix of argan and jojoba oils. Very effective and relatively inexpensive compared to brand name stuff which use the same two oils.

No need, for me at least, for any added scents which is really what you're paying for with all the retail offerings. I leave scents to colognes. Big Grin

If you must, you can add any of the multitude of scent essential oils available out there to the DIY argan-jojoba mixture.

As for commercial products, one I used for quite some time and liked was Hoot's Naturals Beard Balm. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UCAVJXA/

Bearded since late 1974. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
https://badassbeardcare.com/collections/beard-waxes

This is what I use, I prefer the Outlaw scent. I use the wax rather than the oil as my skin likes it better and it keeps my beard smooth and manageable.

For extra points it's a veteran-owned company.

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
As far as oil, I prefer Truefitt and Hill beard oil.

https://www.truefittandhill.co...gentlemans-beard-oil

I have always been a beard balm guy. I couldn’t find a decent one, so I started making my own in my kitchen. I came up with a great recipe. My last job made products like this, but the owner didn’t want to do a mans line, so it was never used in production. I did take advantage if the jars and equipment and made a big batch using my recipe. I still have some jars left.

If any of you three, Phred, Bob, or Tigereye, would like a jar, email me your shipping address. I will send you a jar when I return from vacation on Tuesday the 13th.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Not to side track but what is the purpose of beard oil.
For the first time in 20 plus years I have let my beard grow out more than a 1/4 inch. I am looking at at least 3 plus inches.
What will the beard oil do.
Thanks

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I use unscented baby oil

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Coconut oil is all I use.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:

It's mainly to make it softer and get it under control.

I don't have a problem with my beard, so much, when I grow one, but my mustache... *sigh* After reading a bunch of reviews and recommendations a couple years ago I went with Wild Willie's Beard Oil. It works ok. TBH: I've found that working in a good leave-in hair conditioner after showering works just as well.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:

It's mainly to make it softer and get it under control.

I don't have a problem with my beard, so much, when I grow one, but my mustache... *sigh* After reading a bunch of reviews and recommendations a couple years ago I went with Wild Willie's Beard Oil. It works ok. TBH: I've found that working in a good leave-in hair conditioner after showering works just as well.

Thanks.
My beard is starting to get long to the point it is getting a little scraggly. I am looking for something to control it.
There aren't many places where I live that enforce mask requirements, however for the very rare times I have no choice, after I take my mask off my beard is all over the place.
I was thinking of trimming it but I think this year I am going for the Santa Clause look. I will look at some of the recommendations and try them to hopefully get my beard under control.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Billeys Beard Balm. Get it at Wally World.$10. This is a scent free balm. Dont want anything under my nose with a scent affecting everything l eat or drink. I use a toothbrush to apply as this is like shoe polish.Dont use the OL's toothbrush!!

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Smooth Viking balm works just fine.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave up on my beard at about 12 inches' due to this mask wearing bullcrap. Shaved it down to 1/2" length so the mask beard didn't appear anymore.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post