SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hairest moment at Sedalia MO car races last night
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hairest moment at Sedalia MO car races last night Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
At the last night of the Missouri state fair in Sedalia, they held 410 Sprints, B Modifieds, and Show Me Vintage car races.

B Modifieds are lined up for a heat race start, and the green flag is on the way down, and they are accelerating for the start in turn 4. An orange jeep that was probably been doing push starting, drives onto the track in front of the race cars. How all the race cars missed the jeep was a miracle, it could have been deadly mayhem.

The front straight has openings at both ends. The turn four opening is for race cars to enter before races and is mainly used by race cars that have starters. The jeep just drove onto the track, assuredly without looking or considering what was happening on the track.

The jeep then pulled into the infield and parked, and the driver sat there for the rest of the race. I'm surprised nobody told him to go home. Maybe they were afraid he'd go home by way of entering the race track.

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Wow.... crazy shit happens at these races. I've been to a few dirt track races.
Video?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Fairly sure that’s the kind of BS that should get him a lifetime ban from that track/local org.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I am amazed they didn’t shut the race down, to get him away from the track.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I am amazed they didn’t shut the race down, to get him away from the track.

Nobody even came over to talk to him that I saw. Maybe the guy who was riding with him returned to the passenger seat once.

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post