SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I know what you can get me for CHristmas - a new StugIII
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know what you can get me for CHristmas - a new StugIII Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
I know you have been saving up all year to get me something awesome.....but what do you get for someone so kind, brilliant and awesome...

Stop looking ....

a 1:1 scale STUG III!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...c6Q&feature=emb_logo

https://www.one2one-industries.com/

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Just the thing for your morning commute.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30752 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Gosh darn it, you deserve it!

Posts: 26963 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I checked Walmart - They're on back order and not included in their Black Friday Ad.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4242 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome video thanks for posting.

I checked woot.com and they were out of stock

I have been studying the German Military vehicles since I was little, and have only recently started studying this fascinating machine.

I have always been fascinated by the Panzer III and other recon vehicles, and really not have given the other armor vehicles their just due (besides the Panzer MK IV and Tiger).

I just recently read that the Stug III was Germany's most-produced fully tracked armoured fighting vehicle during World War II, and second-most produced German armored combat vehicle of any type after the Sd.Kfz. 251 half-track. Also they were the main combat vehicles of the Finnish Army up until the early 1960s when they were phased out.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Working in the hood?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Also they were the main combat vehicles of the Finnish Army up until the early 1960s when they were phased out.

While the Finns did have StuG IIIs in their inventory through the 1960s, they were not their main combat vehicle. Most of their StuGs were simply in storage, but some were used for training, and some were dug in as static artillery positions.

The Syrians made the most extensive actual postwar use of the StuG III in the 1950s and 1960s, including combat use against the Israelis during the Six Day War. They also used Panzer IVs.

Posts: 32568 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
You’ll have fun making war until some kid gets a rocket firing Typhoon for Christmas. Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why I love SIGFORUM,I learn something new everyday. On the flip side, it also reminds me of how little I know.

The information RogueJSK posted gives me something new to explore instead of working and shopping for Uncle Sam insurance.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
The information RogueJSK posted gives me something new to explore instead of working and shopping for Uncle Sam insurance.

Enjoy the rabbit hole... Big Grin

Here's a good look at Syrian use of Wehrmacht AFVs against Israel in the 1960s, including Panzer IVs, StuG IIIs, Hummels, Jagdpanzer IVs, and possibly a Sturmpanzer II:

https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpres...n-the-golan-heights/

Posts: 32568 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
It would be great at the ranch to change targets for the next SF shoot

Posts: 5029 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looked like that vehicle in the video is a computer generated image. I doubt any of these actually exist? I went on the website and find it curious that there is no mention of the material this is made from (unless I missed it). It did say it was 5 tons. Those motors they show for power seem awfully anemic for this type vehicle.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want an SD.Kfz 7. It was good enough for the Dirty Dozen so it should do fine for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16137 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post