SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How bad is it in Fort Worth? Package sitting there with no ETA on delivery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How bad is it in Fort Worth? Package sitting there with no ETA on delivery Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
I have a package sitting in Ft Worth that was supposed to be delivered Friday but according to UPS is delayed due to severe weather. I looked online and saw there were some severe thunderstorms and localized flooding yesterday, but nothing specifically on the UPS facility there. What's up?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It could be that planes are grounded.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23461 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post

Cobblestone ice again????

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12422 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Cobblestone ice again????

Eek

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Likely it's DFW International, not in FW per se. My wife and daughter flew out of there yesterday to Houston and were delayed 2-3 hrs. It's clear and hot today!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Likely it's DFW International, not in FW per se. My wife and daughter flew out of there yesterday to Houston and were delayed 2-3 hrs. It's clear and hot today!

I saw there were a few delays at DFW, but it didn't look like it was that bad. Oh well, I have several packages inbound, and of course this was the only one I really cared about!

- John Adams

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
was there not a recent plane crash with UPS cargo aboard. That could be an issue.

Ups as value carrier is down the tubes.

You are just going to have to wait it out. No other choice.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Lots of traffic. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yeah, DFW gets hit with some powerful thunderstorms. I was there one night in the basement meeting rooms at the Hyatt and the noise was still incredible.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
was there not a recent plane crash with UPS cargo aboard. That could be an issue.

Ups as value carrier is down the tubes.

You are just going to have to wait it out. No other choice.

There was one that crashed on takeoff from Alpine Intercontinental Airport, but I doubt there was anything on board that didn't originate from The Alpine/Marathon metroplex.

Posts: 26912 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
There were some pretty intense storms in the area the evening of the 5th, and more storms early AM on the 6th.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

Lots of traffic. Smile

dada doot doot doot

another photobucket member bites the dust!

Posts: 23461 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure where the Ft Worth ground hub is, but yesterday afternoon about 6pm a large storm hovered over the downtown area and rained (think horse on a flat rock) and did so for over an hour. Quite a bit of flash flooding, not so much wind or other damage. They probably didn't put their trucks out on the road to get out to DFW.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post