SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I must say, I like this guy and his attitude
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I must say, I like this guy and his attitude Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
I’ll bet he makes more than $900 a day but doesn’t report it since it’s cash.

If he is averaging $10 a shine, he is working his butt off to make $900. God bless him.

$10 a shine would be low. But I'm sure he's working his butt off. Most successful people do.

My grandpa was ripping me off! I got 25¢ per shoe.

I don't see any need for this service unless traveling or you step in a puddle before a meeting. In my previous life, I never left the house with out properly shinned shoes. Only takes a couple of minutes to do.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20834 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Ya know how I know there's money in this? There are two shoe shine stands in GCT and they pay about $200 per SQ/FT for their space. The guy working the sidewalk? He pays for a vendors license. Also, unless you have current working knowledge of just how much money is walking around midtown manhattan on a daily basis, you really have no idea of the earning potential that's out there. There are street corner diners in Manhattan paying $100k per month in rent, and they stay in business. The money in this town is insane.

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
He could do it for free and make $900 a day on a good day, all day long. $20 per job in tips. 5 jobs an hour =$100 per hour. I believe him.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19219 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice video but I will do my own thanks, a good shine will last a while....depending on what you are doing during the day

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
I’ll bet he makes more than $900 a day but doesn’t report it since it’s cash.

If he is averaging $10 a shine, he is working his butt off to make $900. God bless him.

$10 a shine would be low. But I'm sure he's working his butt off. Most successful people do.

I noticed his sign that said $5 shine. I am assuming he can upscale and/or gets good tips. $10 per was just a guess. He may make more than that on average. And I agree about most successful people working their butts off.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post