SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    mini rototiller 24:1 mix, why?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mini rototiller 24:1 mix, why? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So you can buy 50:1 oil all day long in a one gallon mix ratio. so a half gallon of gas will be 25:1. So do I just use a tiny bit less gas?
Aggravating!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure I get it. Dump two 50:1 bottles into a gallon can and fill it

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
That's just a ratio of gasoline to oil, you don't have to buy anything special. Just use the table to get the right mixture of oil to gas.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have had a measuring syringe for eons, but a measuring cup would be better. [URL=2 cycle oil measuring device]Here is one on Amazon specifically made for several 2-cycle oil with It has ratios from 16:1 to 70:1[/URL].

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
So you can buy 50:1 oil all day long in a one gallon mix ratio. so a half gallon of gas will be 25:1. So do I just use a tiny bit less gas? Aggravating!

Are you concerned about the difference between 24:1 and 25:1 ?
No need to be, that's close enough.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you concerned about the difference between 24:1 and 25:1 ?
No need to be, that's close enough.

Pretty much, I just used about 62 ounces of gas
using a small bottle of oil that was for one gallon at 50:1

Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Two trains leave NY and Chicago going 78 mph hour, how much 50:1 oil do they need?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've run Opti2 at the containers recommended mix ratio in everything from snow blowers, to string trimmers, to chain saws, to you-name-it, in equipment from a variety of manufacturers, for 30+ years. I never even read the manufacturer's mix ratio recommendations. Never had excessive smoke. No fouled plugs. Nothing has burned up.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I just keep this type with measuring cup built in. Cheaper too I think.

https://smile.amazon.com/Brigg...gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr3

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I've run Opti2 at the containers recommended mix ratio in everything from snow blowers, to string trimmers, to chain saws, to you-name-it, in equipment from a variety of manufacturers, for 30+ years. I never even read the manufacturer's mix ratio recommendations. Never had excessive smoke. No fouled plugs. Nothing has burned up.

+Infinity. I use it in everything.

I pulled my Echo weedwhacker out of the garage yesterday with a half-tank of last year's mix in it, put the power broom head on it, primed it, choked it and started on the 3rd pull. And that's with that Evil E10 gas!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Two trains leave NY and Chicago going 78 mph hour, how much 50:1 oil do they need?
How old will Suzy be when she's three inches taller than Freddie?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Yeah, i get what youre saying. All your other two strokes use 50:1, now this fool tiller forces you to have two premixed fuel cans...Surely they could have designed it to run on more standard 50:1...

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

How old will Suzy be when she's three inches taller than Freddie?

Not enough information! What time of year? Ambient temperature? We need to calculate the expansion and/or contraction of the tracks. Has the importance of the moon phase been addressed?? Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post