SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photos: Take a first look inside the National World War II Museum's new Hall of Democracy wing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photos: Take a first look inside the National World War II Museum's new Hall of Democracy wing Login/Join 
posted
This is a must see exhibit. What used to be the D Day museum, became the World War II museum, and now this exhibit. For those not old enough to have experienced the Holocaust and those who never studied history in school, this is very important. The story mainly consists of pictures with captions, so no sense copying that.

LINK: https://www.nola.com/multimedi...8b-4b7cb8408a76.html

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
That place is amazing! I even went for a ride on their PT boat!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
The posted link is so cluttered with google and other ads I dropped it. Thanks for trying to post

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Sorry to hear that. Adblock took care of the ads for me. The photos really tell the story of the capture of Eichmann and include some memorable artifacts. They are in a form that would be understood by elementary school kids who need to see this sort of thing.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
This is an easy excuse to visit NOLA and go back to the renamed WWII Museum. I went a few years ago and it was an amazing experience.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post