SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    External heater magnet for my 07 rigeline problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

External heater magnet for my 07 rigeline problem Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
It won't stick. Mind you it is minus 10 degrees and I am on my back in the gravel.
Is the oil pan aluminum or maybe I am trying to stick it on something other thanvthe oil pan?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19238 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
The oil pan could very well be aluminum

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The oil pan is definitely aluminum. You'd need some kind of tape or other adhesive.

Posts: 28005 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Ok, I use some wood to wedge it tight against the oil pan. So that should hold in place. Only the flat surface against the oil pan gets hot.

Thanks guys

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
It won't warp the aluminum will it

Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
If you wedge that under the car, and then get in without removing it first, could get interesting.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
It won't warp the aluminum will it

I doubt it, as long as excess force isn't used and you remove the device before driving the car. The metal is fairly thick.

Posts: 28005 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post