SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JK WRANGLER OWNERS, HEADLIGHT QUESTION
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JK WRANGLER OWNERS, HEADLIGHT QUESTION Login/Join 
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I have JW Speaker in my 2014 JK, they're great.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3401 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been running TruckLites in my 2012 JKU since about a week after I bought it. They’re fantastic. I’ve never been concerned with the flicker, I rarely notice it.

I’m replacing one this week, the low beam in it failed. It lasted 6.5 years and 95k miles.

They were $250 when I got them, now they’re $150 on Amazon. To me, the difference between the TruckLites and the stock headlights is easily worth $300.

Posts: 40 | Registered: August 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
I put these in my 2011.

Quadratec LED Headlight Upgrade Conversion & LED Fog Lights Kit for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK

https://www.quadratec.com/products/97109_0020.htm

Liked them so much that when I bought a used 2015 last month, they were the first thing I upgraded.

Some caveats though. These are not heated. They also have a small hot spot in the middle. It is more noticeable on my 2011. I ordered the horizontal adjustment screws for both Jeeps. When the weather warms up I will install the screws and hope the hotspot can be tuned out.

I really hated the stock headlights. These are 1000% better.

Posts: 618 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
Take a look at the factory LEDs that fit the '17s and up. You can watch side-by-side videos on youtube and they are superior to anything else on the market. The only draw backs are they are expensive and they don't make any heat so they can ice-up in bad weather.

The flickering has to do with the fact that the current to the JK headlights prior to '17 oscillates between off and on. Halogens can't react fast enough to the oscillations in current but LEDs can and you'll see flicker.

You'll need the dealer to flash a sales code (5SX sales code) into the computer in order to get around the flickering. It changes the current supplied to the headlights from oscillating to continuous.

I learned a lot over on wranglerforum.com about this subject.

JP

THIS ^^^^^^

The factory LED’s in my 2017 JKUL Recon are fantastic. When I drive my 2010 Ram at night I feel like I am almost in the dark by comparison.

0:01

Posts: 4212 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post