SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Taught My 8 Year Old To Shoot Today And Holy Hell She Can Shoot!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taught My 8 Year Old To Shoot Today And Holy Hell She Can Shoot!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That's great. When one of our daughter's was in 4H, she said she needed a shotgun for trap shooting. She went with a Maverick 88.

She placed 3rd. The first time she ever shot trap.

Posts: 7023 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good deal.

Hope she enjoyed it as much as you must have as a proud father.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have created a monster. Can we shoot some more can we shoot some more can we shoot some more!!!

Apparently she’s one of ours. Smile

She has been having a great time and doing well. I have pushed the safety rules and talked about guns in movies vs real life etc. since the beginning but I was really proud when I asked her today....

“What’s the most important thing about shooting?”
She replied with “safety.”

I have been drilling into her that the most important thing is not fun, it’s not hitting your target, it’s SAFETY. Those other things will happen on their own with practice.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
That is awesome! Very happy of how you taught your daughter, and how well she took to it! Glad to have another pro gun member!

Posts: 1127 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
By the way, better stock up on ammo now! It’s at a 10 year low right now, or she’ll use up all you have, ha. Big Grin

Posts: 1127 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic. I am not a parent, but I know that has to be one of many proud moments for you. When I was eight is around when my Dad let me start shooting. I started with a 6” .38 special, which became my first duty gun and I still have today. I also learned to shoot a 12 gauge shotgun around that age. This was a huge excellent experience for me as it helped save me and my brother about a year later when two suspects tried breaking into my grandparents’ home when me and my brother were there alone. They were kicking in the door and when they saw me with a 12 gauge goose gun waiting for them to make entry, they ran like hell. No telling what might have happened if I didn’t know how to use a gun.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8671 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Started my daughter when she was eight too. She was very into it originally, while it was “too loud” for her two years older brother. He got over that and now is burning up 9mm whenever he can. She discovered horses, and while she’ll still shoot every once in a while her shooting has tapered off quite a bit.

Posts: 6926 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Nothing better than a story about teaching your kids to shoot. Thinking back, my daughter was about 10 when we started. I probably waited too long.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5055 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post