SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car Dealers BEGGING For HELP From Manufacturers
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Dealers BEGGING For HELP From Manufacturers Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Car Dealers BEGGING For HELP From Manufacturers.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Care to post a summary of the issue/situation, for those who don't want to watch a 15 minute video?

Posts: 32570 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Care to post a summary of the issue/situation, for those who don't want to watch a 15 minute video?

The new car market is changing. Demand has dropped off, in part due to high interest rates, in part due to manufacturers have only been building $70K plus pickup trucks.

The answer is for the O.E.M.'s to build cheaper vehicles. But they won't do that.

I follow Car Questions Answered (Brandon in the video linked above) on YouTube. This has been coming for a while. There are only so many people in the U.S. who can afford $70K+ pickup trucks.

Posts: 6631 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Prices are too fucking high.
Ya'll know why.

Posts: 22959 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The problem is these same dealers will get what they ask for and then charge an extra 15% "Adjustment Fee" onto that car.

Fuck them.

Posts: 4235 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tough shit. You priced yourself put of the market. Live with it.

Posts: 107776 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still can't figure out what happened to the mid sized GM pickups (Canyons and Colorados) that were parked on remote lots a couple of years back because they were missing chips. A lot of people would buy those at the prices they were selling for two years ago which should also include a discount for buying a 2 year old truck.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Two years ago, I needed a new vehicle. Just about every dealer I went to was gleefully gouging customers in every way possible.

'Sorry, that vehicle is only available in the higher trim levels.' 'Sorry, pin-striping, mud flaps, and VIN etching are "mandatory", and "only" add $3,500 to the price.' Then, to add insult to injury, they were adding $5,000 and sometimes more to their prices as a "market adjustment".

I ended up buying a 10 year old SUV that has been running fine for the last 2 years. I am in no hurry to patronize any of these dealers any time soon. Screw them.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6432 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I was reading the new high trim Tundra and Sequoia are $85k. Who has that kind of scratch unless they’re using it for work purposes? Not many can justify that as a daily driver.

I yearn for the days when you could buy a drivable car for $1,200.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Remember the Yugo for $3990. I had an employee it was his first new car and he drove the heck out of it. I always thought he was gonna regret it, but it kept going and going.

Posts: 3580 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah... no.

Friday I bought an $8,000 truck sitting in a guy's back yard and drove it (100+ miles) home.

Needs a bit of work, but its nothing I can't fix myself.

I don't like paying the tag/tax/title fee on this truck. I can't imagine what that would be like on a new one. Yikes!

Posts: 9175 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Does a car really need 16 different sensors and 9 different cameras anyway?

The answer is NO.

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Does a car really need 16 different sensors and 9 different cameras anyway?

The answer is NO.

Half shit we don't need or want.
The other half government mandates we don't need or want.

Posts: 21127 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it's about time to see another 'cash for clunkers' program to take even more used vehicles off the market?

Posts: 2371 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in 2004, I and 2 other friends went to local Toyota dealership each purchased brand new in the lot fully loaded Toyota Sequoia Limited for $24.5K before tags and taxes.

quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I was reading the new high trim Tundra and Sequoia are $85k. Who has that kind of scratch unless they’re using it for work purposes? Not many can justify that as a daily driver.

I yearn for the days when you could buy a drivable car for $1,200.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Back in 2004 I bought a 1999 Ranger with 40k miles for $7900. You probably couldn’t buy a rolling chassis for that now. There has to be a market correction or no one will be able to afford anything.

Posts: 13748 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Well. Be interesting to see how low prices are gonna end up. If this continues, maybe next spring would be something to investigate. Our last purchase was at the end of the year, when GM was having their dealer discount offer, and that was a very good deal for us, got a new truck then. Would have to be something similar for us to bite.

Posts: 1128 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Dealer tried to sell me a car with 8 cameras. I asked "if one fails do you have to replace the other 7?" He said he didn't know and I walked away. One camera for backup is OK with me, any more a an unnecessary gizmo ready to fail.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1572 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife plans on driving her 2012 Mazda CX-9 until it won't go anymore . She drives about 8 miles to work . It should last quite a while . They can keep those 50 -60k vehicles ..

Posts: 4075 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have an 03 Tundra and an 05 Colorado that I plan to drive until they die. I would never pay 70k for a new pickup even if I could afford to.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15640 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post