SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Several officers down in Eastern Kentucky
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Several officers down in Eastern Kentucky Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
It is a shame that he is in custody and had not been dispatched with extreme take no prisoners action once he took actions to resist.... Now the courts will take many years which is going to take many many dollars in lawyer fees for both sides. Just hope some very small minute legal procedure does not get things put off or reduced legal action. ....... And in our legal system today in many states life sentences does not mean LIFE and it may take up to twenty years or more to execute the death penality if it is actually enforced. ..... Thoughts and prayers sent to all of the families involved with this especially the law enforcement side. ................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2014 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Frown

Prayers for the Officers and their Families

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
This is one reason why I am not a police officer. (The fact that I agree 100% with drill sgt’s sentiment.)

I believe that there are certain offenses (and shooting an LEO is one of them) that should result in immediate extermination. There are vermin out there who do nothing but injure society and we’d likely all be much better off without them.

It seems like the overwhelming majority of officers take serve and protect seriously, even for the dirtbags that we’d all be much better without. That is probably a very good thing for our society, but it takes a special person to do that job.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Why the hell is he in jail? He shot 6-7 officers. MFer like that never gets the opportunity to surrender. Like Polk County, FL sheriff said, we shot the police officer killer 120 times because that's all the ammo we had.

To your first point, KSP SRT is pretty notorious in dealing with cop killers. They have a low tolerance in dealing with bullshit and will get it on at the drop of a hat.

As to your second point, I believe only four officers were injured. The rest were EMS that were caring for the wounded and dying.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My family are from KY and in younger days I spent lots of time in West Liberty. The locals all say that KSP will cancel your ticket pretty quick.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16101 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JJones… my thoughts and prayers are to the officers and families… this hurts my heart every time I hear of something like this..many thanks to you and everyone else who puts the uniform on daily.

Posts: 458 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The rest were EMS that were caring for the wounded and dying.

I fully support our people in blue. This shouldn't be taken the wrong way.

That the criminal was shooting EMS as they cared for the wounded and dying is worse than shooting a LEO. A LEO is armed and going after you. The EMS are not going after you; they are unarmed and tending to the injured. To shoot EMS is despicable.

Agree - this criminal should have been ended where he stood. He does not get to pass go. He does not go to jail. He does not get a bed and 3 hots. He gets a box six feet under.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
This is so disturbing and maddening I don't know what to say, except that the comment by the prosecuting attorney, "There’s a special place in hell for people like this", is an understatement because that means we have to wait before he meets his final justice, and because that evil fuck deserved the first installment the instant he pulled his first trigger on an Officer. I think I'm going to puke. It's too bad they can't give any one of us 60 seconds in a locked room with that piece of shit.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The rest were EMS that were caring for the wounded and dying.

I fully support our people in blue. This shouldn't be taken the wrong way.

That the criminal was shooting EMS as they cared for the wounded and dying is worse than shooting a LEO. A LEO is armed and going after you. The EMS are not going after you; they are unarmed and tending to the injured. To shoot EMS is despicable.

Agree - this criminal should have been ended where he stood. He does not get to pass go. He does not go to jail. He does not get a bed and 3 hots. He gets a box six feet under.

No need to preface your comments. I fully understand your sentiment.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cripes… May the Lord bless the killed and wounded including the K9. May he comfort the friends and family of all. Be safe out there to all my brothers and sisters in LE.

Posts: 4064 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
A third officer has died. Very very sad.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
KY is in my prayers tonight.

Sad times we are living in.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10944 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it is still this way, but a few years back here in Greenville S.C. there were certain areas of town that if the fire dept. or EMS was called to a home they would stop a distance from the location and wait for the police to 'secure' the area before they went in.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The foxnews report mentioned the criminal had pre-positioned weapons in the home. This shows a general awareness of potential attack.

Given prior knowledge of a criminal’s state of mind and the criminal’s propensity to violence, can we as a society permit officers to strike first with debilitating munitions?

If fired upon, yet not knowing who is in the residence, can we as a society permit return fire through the walls of the residence?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Good questions, and and a wide spectrum of opinions and discussion.

I think opening a thread specifically for such discussion would serve better, and not muddy this incident.

If you start it, I will delete this post. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43907 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
God Bless the Officers and Medics, prayers for them and their loved ones.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post