SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Auto mechanics - Please lend me your ear
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auto mechanics - Please lend me your ear Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Had a Auto Repair shop from 1954 until 2001. I can tell you without a doubt that OEM consistently performed better that any aftermarket part.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who took the time to share. I bought a Motorcraft replacement sensor online last night that should be here next week. Guess I'll wait until next weekend to install it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
My experience with sensors is buy factory OEM.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Thanks to all who took the time to share. I bought a Motorcraft replacement sensor online last night that should be here next week. Guess I'll wait until next weekend to install it.

easiest way to get the old one out is hit it with penetrating oil the night before when cold, take the truck out on the highway for 30 minutes to get the exhaust nice and hot, then pull into your driveway, have the right size wrench ready and immediately try to break it free.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post