SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jimbo54 Winner of Please & Thank You Karma - Maverick Temperature Probes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimbo54 Winner of Please & Thank You Karma - Maverick Temperature Probes Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I've been a member here for a few days over 14 years and I typically read more than I post. This is the only place on the Internet that I call "home" and it's because of y'all.

Before we get to the karma portion, it's appropriate to thank:
  • Para for providing this digital oasis for us. It's extremely generous to provide a forum free of charge with zero advertisements to offset costs.
  • Para , the admins, and the mods for running it in the manner they do which has made Sigforum a very unique community.
  • The members as they've provided endless laughs, insight into almost every subject imaginable, shown unsurpassed generosity, and my home is full of items that y'all have recommended.

When I first joined the forum, I was impressed by Wally's please and thank you karma since those 3 words aren't used frequently enough in today's society. Therefore, 90% of the karmas I've offered have followed that format.

Here are the rules:
  • The Karmanator (thanks Chance) will chose a winner on Wednesday night.
  • Your post must contain both the words “please” and "thank you" (thanks is acceptable). As long as it's polite, feel free to creatively use the words. In the past, people have been very creative and it made me smile and/or chuckle.
  • You must have an e-mail address in your profile or in your post.
  • You must have been a member on or before 11/17/19.
  • The winner must respond to my e-mail within 48 hours.

Here is the prize (you get both):
    New Unopened Maverick PR-001 Food Probe and PR-002 Pit Probe for Maverick ET-732/733/905. Both Probes are 6-Foot in length.

Note slight tear in meat probe package

Here is the backstory:
    After many years of faithful service, my Maverick remote digital food thermometer gave up the ghost after being dropped one too many times. I've decided to purchase a ThermoWorks Smoke in its place. I always keep spare probes on hand so I'm offering them as a karma that should arrive before Thanksgiving.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I'd like to please ask if these are universal and might work with a Thermoworks Dot?
    Thank you for a great post.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bookers Bourbon
    and a good cigar
    Picture of Johnny 3eagles
    posted Hide Post
    I don't need them, but wanted to say "Thank You" for offering this karma. Please don't pick me! (Seriously)

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
    Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
    You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Excam_Man:
    I'd like to please ask if these are universal and might work with a Thermoworks Dot?
    Thank you for a great post.
    No, these are only for for Maverick ET-732/733/905.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of SIGfourme
    posted Hide Post
    This belongs in the Lounge.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Eating elephants
    one bite at a time
    Picture of ffips
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SIGfourme:

Please sir, it is his Karma and his rules. I would thank you not to bemoan his choice of placement. Smile

tatertodd, please don't enter me as I haven't the skills to require such devices and thank you for your generisity.

edited to add strike to no longer relevant text.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ffips,

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Crusty old
    curmudgeon
    Picture of Jimbo54
    posted Hide Post
    Please include me in this great karma and thanks for the opportunity. And thank you Para for this wonderful place.

Here is a picture of my ET-732 in use. I can't imagine BBQing without it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Please include me in a chance for the karma. I do have a Maverick and figure one or both of the probes will eventually fail.
    Thank you for a cool karma. Good luck with the Thermoworks unit. Love my Thermoworks probe.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    Please drop me in there. I've got one of those Mavericks but my probes had all died. Took that as an opportunity to spend silly-money on a FireBoard 6-probe setup.

I love that one thank you very much, but it stays with my trailered Lang. During the summer that means my BGE at home is alone while Lang is at cabin, and I've got no monitoring options. This would allow those Mavericks to be put to use again. Yeah, first world problems and all that.

Congrats on the 14 years.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12422 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SIGfourme:
    Thanks for pointing this out. Admin/mod moved it.

posted Hide Post
    As you probably guessed, please don't include me.
    Thank you for continuing to make this place great!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    K: Please please please be compatible with a 735.
    you: Looks like it will not work.
    you: Thanks for playing!
    k: Please don't include me.
    k: Thanks for doing this.

-k

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Georgeair:
    Please drop me in there. I've got one of those Mavericks but my probes had all died. Took that as an opportunity to spend silly-money on a FireBoard 6-probe setup.

I love that one thank you very much, but it stays with my trailered Lang. During the summer that means my BGE at home is alone while Lang is at cabin, and I've got no monitoring options. This would allow those Mavericks to be put to use again. Yeah, first world problems and all that.

Congrats on the 14 years.
    Congratulations! The karmanator selected you. You have an e-mail from me.
    Failed to respond after 2 e-mails and 2 bumps despite posting twice on Sigforum in last 60 hours.

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    24 hour bump for Georgeair

Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    Did you get a Smoke instead? Did Maverick go TU?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Skins2881:
    Yes, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm digging how slim the probes are.

I dropped the Maverick receiver on tile floor again. It's now so dim that it's hard to read and last weekend the alarm didn't go off and cooked chicken 10F too long.

The Maverick transmitter still works but without the receiver it's not very useful for the way I like to cook.

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    46.75 hour bump

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jimbo54:
    Please include me in this great karma and thanks for the opportunity. And thank you Para for this wonderful place.

Congrats, the karmanator selected you as the winner. You have e-mail.

Crusty old
    curmudgeon
    Picture of Jimbo54
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Congrats, the karmanator selected you as the winner. You have e-mail.

Thanks Todd. Email is on the way.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Skins2881:
    Yes, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm digging how slim the probes are.

I dropped the Maverick receiver on tile floor again. It's now so dim that it's hard to read and last weekend the alarm didn't go off and cooked chicken 10F too long.

The Maverick transmitter still works but without the receiver it's not very useful for the way I like to cook.

It works great. The only thing I don't like is you have to plug in second probe when not needed or it beeps (really loud) and set temp range so it doesn't alert. I only need grill sensor for most of the cook. Meat probe is not needed til the end, I could probably read the directions and disable second input, but I'm lazy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post