SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remember the idiot who jumped the interstate on his dirt bike?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember the idiot who jumped the interstate on his dirt bike? Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
In critical condition after attempting another idiotic stunt. Here's my shocked face...

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/n...tical-418015583.html

Motorcyclist Who Jumped Over 60 Freeway Hurt in Another Stunt

A motorcyclist who drew social media attention across Southern California and prompted an investigation by the California Highway Patrol was critically hurt in another dangerous stunt.

The first stunt captured on video March 3 showed the 24-year-old San Clemente motorcyclist jumping over the 60 Freeway as cars passed underneath him.

He was identified by a friend as Kyle Katsandris. Simi Valley police have not yet confirmed his identity to NBC4.

The wild stunt video was viewed hundreds of thousands of times, and prompted an investigation by the California Highway Patrol.

"We hope to never see this again," said Caltrans spokeswoman Terri Kasinga at the time of the first incident. "It was illegal and dangerous to motorists. It could have been a tragedy."

But authorities did see it again, as Simi Valley police reported Monday.

Sunday a motorcyclist crashed in the 500 block of W. Los Angeles Avenue while attempting a planned off-road stunt, police said.

The rider went flying over a steep hill, lunched into the air, and crash-landed on the other side.

"He called me last week, asking me about this jump. And I told him, 'Uh ...you know, it's big,'" his friend Colin Morrison said.

The rider was critically injured when he hit a bump at the top of the first hill, Morrison said.

Ten years ago, Morrison said he was one of the very few to nail the Los Angeles Avenue jump, which sends the rider flying over railroad tracks.

He said he did it three times - twice over a moving train.

There are now numerous "get well" tributes on Katsandris' Instagram account after the dangerous jump.

Colin's father, John Morrison, questioned all of the risky jumps.

"I told Colin just a little while ago -- I said, 'What if Kyle dies? Was it worth it?' And Colin says, "Yeah, I think it was. Look at how cool it is,'" John said.

When the first jump happened, and the video began getting hundreds of thousands of views on social media, Caltrans officials said they blocked access to the makeshift dirt ramps in Riverside in order to prevent would-be copycats.

It wasn't clear what action authorities would take in the secondary incident.

The first jump broke a few misdemeanor laws, including trespassing on state property, and was reckless endangerment while operating a motorized vehicle, due to the fact that the rider jumped over a freeway, CHP told NBC4 Southern California.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where's the latest video for this self-centered douchebag?

You did it all for a video, douchebag, so let's see your douchebag video.

I despise these people. Truly, I do.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I would bet that we taxpayers will be picking up the pieces---I mean tab---for putting Humpty Davidson back together again.

Posts: 4558 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I think we want to see the ass-busting video. Yeah...not a big fan of these dare-devil, life-tempting, thrill-seeking idiots. JMHO...not judging.

Reports are he was busted up pretty badly...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
"I told Colin just a little while ago -- I said, 'What if Kyle dies? Was it worth it?' And Colin says, "Yeah, I think it was. Look at how cool it is,'" John said.
For fuck's sake. Roll Eyes

I cannot fully express the contempt I hold for these attention-seeking morons.

All of these fools need to get together for a big festival and try to outdo each other. We could accelerate the pace at which they are being removed from the gene pool, because right now it's just not happening quickly enough.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's my shocked face

Sometimes it's the little things that crack me up.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
All of these fools need to get together for a big festival and try to outdo each other. We could accelerate the pace at which they are being removed from the gene pool, because right now it's just not happening quickly enough.

Maybe call it The Darwin Derby?

Posts: 4558 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Come on, show us the video. What happened to "how cool it would be, even if he dies"? Roll Eyes

Stupid fucking assholes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Seems the problem solved itself. The taxpayers better not see one cent spent on this knucklehead's recovery.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:The taxpayers better not see one cent spent on this knucklehead's recovery.

Even if the taxpayers don't, his insurance company will. Can we make stupidity a pre-existing condition?

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
When will we see the “But what he was doing wasn’t dangerous” response?

Although I actually read that exact statement after someone was killed doing a stunt, it usually shows up when it was successful. And then it’s accompanied with something along the lines of how experienced and skilled he is and knows exactly what he’s doing. Up until something like this.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:The taxpayers better not see one cent spent on this knucklehead's recovery.

Even if the taxpayers don't, his insurance company will. Can we make stupidity a pre-existing condition?

You assume he has insurance!

Given his history, what insurance company would even talk to him?

Or, how many megabucks would he have to pay for said insurance?

This will end up a charity case.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:You assume he has insurance!

Given his history, what insurance company would even talk to him?

Or, how many megabucks would he have to pay for said insurance?

This will end up a charity case.

I'd say it's far from certain that he would have purchased coverage due to a history of irresponsible behavior. On the other hand, I don't recall health insurance having exclusions for dangerous activities the way life and disability do.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
For fuck's sake. Roll Eyes

I cannot fully express the contempt I hold for these attention-seeking morons.

At said festival, I would be in a lawn chair with a cold beverage rooting them on to do the stupidest stunts they could. Maybe that would accelerate the process. Hahahaha.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I imagine that health insurance to cover injuries from something like that is the last thing that guy thought he needed. I’m sure he was so confident of his abilities that he would have considered it a waste of money even if it crossed his mind. A professional who was doing dangerous stuff to put food on the table might be smart enough to consider the possibilities, but someone like that?

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
24 years old looking for a "cool factor", looking for the excitement factor in his life.

Try doing something worthwhile in your life for "excitement". Try putting 70 pounds on your back and hiking thru water for days on end waiting for someone to jump out of the jungle and shoot you.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I imagine that health insurance to cover injuries from something like that is the last thing that guy thought he needed. I’m sure he was so confident of his abilities that he would have considered it a waste of money even if it crossed his mind. A professional who was doing dangerous stuff to put food on the table might be smart enough to consider the possibilities, but someone like that?

He's "only" 24 so he's qualified under mommy and daddy's plan Roll Eyes

Posts: 3534 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Darwin is working overtime to try to get another win

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The nature of an entertainment culture is that the bar for getting attention keeps getting raised. I have noticed on Youtube a bunch of videos lately of people hanging off the roofs of buildings, or balconies, 20 or 30 stories high. So of course, inevitably, one of these attention whores will become a big splat.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post