SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remember the idiot who jumped the interstate on his dirt bike?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember the idiot who jumped the interstate on his dirt bike? Login/Join 
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Hopefully he was charged the first time. Little jail time should be in order for these fools....not fines and slaps on the wrist.

If he had come down on the freeway the first time and caused a few fatalities amongst the motorists, would they still think it was cool?

Idiots.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
If he had come down on the freeway the first time and caused a few fatalities amongst the motorists, would they still think it was cool?

That’s hard to say, but what we can be sure of is if something like that happened, they would believe—or claim to believe, anyway—that it wasn’t the rider’s fault for whatever reason they could dream up.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People said the same thing about Evil Kaneval.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Because Evil Kaneval was an idiot, too. Maybe an even bigger idiot, but at least he didn't use random strangers as props and potential victims in his stunts, as far as I know.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Get well??

Fucking die, asshole. If I had been passing under that with my kids in the car I would have loved to curb stomp that shithead.

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

No comparison. Not even close. Kaneval put himself at risk, not involuntary participants.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
24 years old looking for a "cool factor", looking for the excitement factor in his life.

Try doing something worthwhile in your life for "excitement". Try putting 70 pounds on your back and hiking thru water for days on end waiting for someone to jump out of the jungle and shoot you.

EXTREME!!!!!!

Now THAT shit makes me crave some fuckin Mt'n Dew!

In all seriousness, these kids need to enlist if they want to be so damn cool.

Coming from a civvie who loves the DoD...

Posts: 5226 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not be surprised to learn that Kyle survives. And keeps right on being "cool".
He is that stupid.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16379 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
These idiots make me look bad.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
"I told Colin just a little while ago -- I said, 'What if Kyle dies? Was it worth it?' And Colin says, "Yeah, I think it was. Look at how cool it is,'" John said.
For fuck's sake. Roll Eyes

I cannot fully express the contempt I hold for these attention-seeking morons.

All of these fools need to get together for a big festival and try to outdo each other. We could accelerate the pace at which they are being removed from the gene pool, because right now it's just not happening quickly enough.
I hope my "friends" place a higher value on my life than his do.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
When the ramp test is the actual jump, eventually you are going to crash big time. Go build this stuff in the middle of nowhere and take out the possibility of injuring other people. But yea let's see the latest video.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If these individuals were treated like the idiots that they are and not revered as heroes this crap would stop.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
If these individuals were treated like the idiots that they are and not revered as heroes this crap would stop.

You're never going to stop stuff like this. People doing dumb, daring, stupid and dangerous stuff has been around forever and will stay. Your signature line on mistakes is right, in this case he is hovering between 2 and 3.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
If he recovers, he will spout out "I'm so lucky!" Seems to me that lucky people don't lie around in traction in a body cast.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post